Senior Software Engineer
This job is for a Software Engineer to work within the Software Engineering Department, performing a variety of technical functions. The Software Engineer will support a number of different programmes, with the responsibility for software design, code development and test, along with defect correction as appropriate. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Engineering Manager, and will take technical guidance from the appropriate Software Technical Lead Engineer.
The Software Engineer will be expected to perform at all levels of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis (functional and non-functional), software design, code development, testing and documentation. The Software Engineer will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into software design and implementation, complying with technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Senior Software Engineer - 6 Month Contract - Location - Hampshire - £35 - £45 per hour
- Provide software development skills to a number of software development programmes.
- Deliver software enhancements to satisfy technical requirements, within budget and to programme timescales.
- Estimate, plan and track own technical tasks, providing clear accurate and timely status reporting.
- Contribute to the delivery of the Team and Project goals and objectives, through demonstrating professional and flexible proactive behaviours.
- Experience of developing and testing real-time embedded software for defence platforms.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Software Engineering, with a proven track record of demonstrating the following skills:
- Analytical: ability to analyse a wide range of technical problems and provide imaginative and pragmatic solutions.
- Negotiation: ability to resolve issues in an effective productive manner.
- Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents, etc.
- Decision-making: ability to make appropriate decisions based on sound facts.
- Interpersonal: ability to work within a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
- Technical innovation: ability to achieve solutions innovatively.
- Significant experience of programming in C / C++ / C#, ideally within Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience of creating and developing software designs using a formal software design tool (ideally Enterprise Architect, or close equivalent). Must have experience of UML methodology, including a good appreciation of the diagram set.
- Adherence to process within a software development environment.
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentation and formal reports.
- Strong drive to deliver on both personal and team commitments.
- Good appreciation of programme impact due to not achieving those goals.
- A self-starter, capable of working effectively without day to day supervision, requiring only general direction.
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently within cost constraints.
- Customer-focused attitude, with the confidence to represent the organisation both internally and externally.
- Strong appreciation of sound Configuration Management and Change Control practices.
- Experience of static and dynamic test tools.
- Experience of Interface Definition Language (IDL).
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Senior Software Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: £35 - £45 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance
Apply for Senior Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly