Role: SOC Analyst
Location: South West
Clearance: SC / DV
Our client, a state of the art Cyber Security managed service provider with a worldwide purview, is looking for a talented SOC Analyst to help the function detect potential insider issues to generic malware attacks to sophisticated state-sponsored cyber espionage. The successful applicant will be working within a rapidly expanding, well-resourced and ambitious function.
- Responding to and investigating alerts
- Liaising with customers to detail investigation outcomes and recommend remediation actions
- Managing threat intelligence and actor profiling
- Assisting in the generation of new signatures / rules
- Assisting in the definition of analysis procedures and protocols
- Analysts without Crest certification shall be provided recognised training as part of their employment package.
- Strong SIEM solutions exposure
- Comprehensive knowledge APT actors; their tools, techniques, and procedures
- Knowledge of various types of malware, as well as a strong knowledge of infection vectors and indicators of an infection
- Experience of network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc;
- Comprehensive knowledge of IDS/IPS principals
- Exposure to computer networking design principals
- Good understanding of SQL;
- Good understanding of a range of other protocols such as ARP, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, Telnet, IRC, LDAP, SSL;
- Knowledge of TCPDump, WireShark, Snort, and/or other security tools highly desirable
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to roles@CNDLtd.com.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for SOC Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly