SAP Basis/NetWeaver Administrator
SAP Basis/NetWeaver Administrator - London
About the Role:
Provide SAP BASIS administration expertise for our landscape comprising 6 tiers on virtualized hardware (sandbox, Dev, Test, Release, Production and Project instances). Experience in both ABAP/JAVA and dual stack systems and maintenance/troubleshooting thereof.
Produce high-quality technical documentation to support any project work undertaken and document technical system requirements and systems management procedures in the Basis area. Ability to take ownership of project work and provide effort estimation, milestone updates and liaise with stakeholders as required.
What You Will Do:
Participate in project implementations, upgrades, support and specific tasks allocated by the Basis Team Leader. Responsible for Basis/NetWeaver administrative tasks including:
Installation and maintenance of SAP NetWeaver based products within the Capita Group SAP estate including:
- Installation and upgrade experience using tools SUM,SAPINST, SPAM, SAINT and JSPM
- SAP Support Package Stack application (ABAP & Java)
- Familiarity with products like SAP Fiori, Ariba, Concur, Success factors, NetWeaver Gateway etc.
- Experience with Maintenance Optimizer from SAP
- Perform kernel upgrade
Performs all SAP Basis/NetWeaver administrative and technical tasks including:
- RSAP system copies for ABAP and Java based systems using SAPINST & database methods
- Troubleshooting performance issues with ABAP, JAVA and/or Database.
- Level 3 troubleshooting to check if underlying Infrastructure is the cause.
- SAP profile parameter recommendations and checks against SAP hotfixes/recommendations.
Perform day-to-day Basis activities including:
- Transport Requests
- File transfers and support for peripheral systems
- Organise system restarts & outages
- Daily health checks and/or monitoring
- Weekly Release-ABAP and portal transports
Your Experience Will Include:
Basis/NetWeaver knowledge in the following areas is essential to the role:
- SAP ECC
- SAP SRM
- Solution Manager7.1/7.2
- Business Intelligence(NW7.4)
- Business objects(BoBJ) 4.1
- Process Integration(NW7.4) and 7.1
- NetWeaver Portal EP7.02 (Netweaver 2004s)
- Sybase ASE and MSSQL administration
- Excellent problem determination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in various shifts
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Experience with Post Copy Automation components.
- SAP Business Process Automation by Redwood(BPA)- Batch job administration
- Sybase ASE Administration activities like parameter changes and Patch upgrade(Minor & Major upgrades)
- Solution Manager - EarlyWatch, Work Centers, Technical monitoring & ChaRM configuration
- System Landscape Directory maintenance & configuration within complex topologies
- Be conversant with NetWeaver Administrator, Visual Administrator and Java Configuration Tool
- Using LVM for system maintenance
- Basis and/or NetWeaver certification would be advantageous but not essential. Any other Certifications in an IT field such as Microsoft, AWS, CCNA, Oracle, RedHat, etc are also good to have.
Any supporting functional knowledge of the above and any knowledge in the following areas would be advantageous:
- ABAP development knowledge
- Linux/Windows 2003/2008
- SAP cloud connector on-premises/in premise
- Wily Introscope
- Sybase ASE replication
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.