Mechanical Fitters :
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 5x Mechanical Fitters on a contract basis.
Please note: You need to be a full UK national (British Passport holder) due to restrictions of the working environment. Unfortunately dual-nationals cannot be considered due to security restrictions.
You must also be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
***** Important: previous experience of working in the Defence / Aerospace industry is required in order to be considered for these role(s) *****
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after). Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department (PAYE).
Mechanical Fitter Job Description:
The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing and test tasks within the mechanical department, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
• Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
• Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
• Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks
• Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle
• Ensure manufacturing build times are met
• Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
• Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality
• Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Maintain a good housekeeping policy
• Communicate best practice to other team members
The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
Qualifications and experience are as follows:..................
• Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21
• Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate
• 5 years experience as a skilled person