Physical Training Instructor
Physical Training Instructor
Salary: £20,000 p.a.A fantastic opportunity for a Physical Training Instructor to join a world class recruiting service for the British Army.
About the role
The Selection Centres run a variety of physical assessments/activities that Candidates must undertake during the selection process and candidates must achieve a pass in order to be made an offer to attend Basic Training. Each physical assessment is run to strict standards with clear measure that must be obtained by the candidate.
As a Physical Training Instructor, you will take overall responsibility for all the physical activities that candidate's will undertake during the duration of their assessment event.
Working alongside and as part the assessment team, you will ensure that candidates are effectively briefed prior to the event, running physical activity sessions as specified and you will be required to assist or monitor selection events where physical warm ups occur, to ensure safe and best practice is observed.
About Capita - Recruiting Partnering Project (RPP)
Capita Recruiting Partnering Project (RPP) is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Since March 2012, Capita has been working with the Ministry of Defence (MOD) in a partnering arrangement with the armed forces to deliver recruitment services for the Army. The project represents a major investment in the transformation for military recruiting.
The contract covers the entire recruiting and selection process for both the Regular Army and the Reserves, and is helping transform the way the Army recruits its officers and soldiers.
What you will do:
- Receive a handover from assessor and assume overall responsibility for a group of candidates on their assessment event
- Brief and demonstrate correct technique to all candidates on each physical assessment test and provide high quality instruction to candidates
- Provide supervision to all candidates throughout physical assessment and ensure scheduled timings adhered to.
- Run and monitor physical assessment sessions, provide coaching when required and Evaluate the candidate performance throughout the event
- Provide advice on Phase One physical training, resistance training, running training, circuit training, agility training, improvised PT, loaded marches, recreation activities, sport and minor team activities.
- Positively represent the Army, its Values and Standards and the careers it offers and produce and record accurate and consistent scores and notes
Your experience will include:
- Experience of delivering assessment activities
- Physical training qualified - CYQ Level 2, essential
- Good instructional skills and competent coach
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal fitness
- Military service desirable
- Worked with accredited processes
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.