Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Location: Open (UK Mainland)
About Capita | Network Solutions
Network Solutions is part of Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
We provide a range of networking and connectivity services to public and private sector clients and have a reputation for excellent service combined with an innovative approach to achieving best value for its clients. We have a strong reputation across the public sector as a provider of IT networks that help schools, councils and health bodies deliver improved services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, develop and close opportunities from a mix of different sources and the identification and creation of new business opportunities.
- Responsible for the management of RFP sales cycle following Capita sales governance process
- Responsible for the negotiation and closing of new business opportunities.
- Responsible for an annual new business sales target as agreed with the Business Unit Director/Sales Manager.
- Involved in the full range of new business sales activities, such as cold calling, account planning, seminars.
- Develop relationships within a selection of customers and prospects agreed with the Business Unit Director/Sales Manager.
- Work closely with the marketing department, gaining leverage from activities and events.
- Develop relationships with partners and suppliers to influence customer's preferences.
- Promote the full range of IT Services products and services
- A Proven track record demonstrated by consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a new business environment.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within an IT business
- Multi-level selling skills, spanning all levels within an enterprise sales team
- A strong team player across the related internal business functions
- Strong networking skills with a mix of existing contacts within large enterprises.
- Exemplary presentation skills with previous experience of presenting to senior management.
- Although not a technical role, some conceptual understanding of Structured Cabling, IP Security, Intelligent Buildings and related technology.
- Self-motivated, Self-reliant, Resilient and tenacious, ambitious and hungry for success.
- A focused and results driven approach.
- A broad and technically sound skill base, a high degree of commercial awareness and a creative agile mind.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, gravitas, and an ability to establish credibility quickly
- Team player capable of winning respect from all levels.
- Excellent relationship building skills required to develop long term relationships
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.