Cyber Software Researcher - DV Cleared
An Operational Cyber Researcher is able to plan and perform research into a wide range of systems and technologies with a focus on discovering and exploiting weaknesses in their design or implementation. The role provides technical guidance for customers as well as supporting bids and proposals.
Cyber Software Researcher - Permanent - Surrey - Excellent Salary & Benefits!
- Exploratory Research
- Rapidly summarise and assess new domains
- Provide domain knowledge for technical analysis, experimental development and subsequent engineering
- Vulnerability & Technical Research
- Know which pen-testing and reverse engineering tools and methodologies are appropriate to a given problem
- Have experience of advanced vulnerability assessment techniques such as fuzzing and code injection
- Experimental Development
- Develop, assess and prioritize prototype and simulated capabilities
Skills and Knowledge:
A wide range of skills are required for Operational Research, the number one skill is being able to think systematically and take logical steps towards deconstructing a complex system.
An Operational Cyber Researcher will ALSO need skills and experience in at least one of the areas below (an ideal candidate will cover several areas).
- Network traffic analysis
- Reverse engineering
- Vulnerability analysis
- Exploit development
- Scripting (e.g. with Python)
- Rapid development of prototypes or simulations (e.g. with C#)
- Processor architecture
- Operating systems and firmware
- Standard and domain-specific protocols and data formats
- OSINT and interacting with SMEs
- Developing new research skills as appropriate
- Network architecture and security
- Risk assessment
- Systems engineering
- Architectural frameworks
- Software development life cycle
- Assured development practices (at a high-level)
A wide range of tools exist, and the researcher should be able to determine which are most appropriate for a given task.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Cyber Software Researcher
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary & Benefits!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance