Application Support Helpdesk
Application Support (Helpdesk) Consultant
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Benefits: 25days holiday + Pension + Share Scheme + others
Hours: 37pcw - shifts between 08:00 - 18:00
To be considered for this role you must be eligible for SC Clearance. Current SC Clearance is a preference.
It is imperative that you have experience (current ideally) working in a service desk/helpdesk environment.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have previous experience of Application Support, relating to business software, preferably in a cloud-based, technical SaaS environment.
· Have experience of working with clients to ensure successful uptake and integration of our product.
· Be prepared to work with both their IT and Services teams to deliver maximum affect, both internally and to our customers.
· Be ambitious in terms of personal knowledge development, with the opportunity for progression on a number of axes. In particular, learning about our software and consultancy offerings, as they apply in the Procurement industry, will be important.
· Possess strong numeracy and literacy skills, and be highly articulate - with an ability to think quickly, analytically and logically under pressure.
Working as part of the Help Desk the role involves also working closely with the Development and IT Operations teams. The successful candidate will be passionate about providing first-class support to various clients, while maintaining and enhancing the businesses reputation for excellent service and responsiveness.
While the role will focus on Application Support, primarily over the telephone, my client is a relatively small team, and it's everyone's job to make the office and the wider business work effectively. Their Application Support Consultants are people who will 'jump in' to help others, while being focussed on delivering to their clients with the highest levels of professionalism, and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude.
Skills and Experiences:
· The ability to fully appreciate and coach others to utilise our products to maximum effect within their unique environments.
· A passion for supporting others to maximise their own effectiveness and ability to improve their own processes and organisational success.
· A succinct, calm, personable and clear verbal style - instilling confidence and positivity in those requiring support in the use of our products.
· Patience and the ability to think fast, seek support when it's needed and remain polite and supportive to our clients at all times.
· A desire to learn and grow both in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of our associated Consultancy and Services offerings.
· A confident and convincing approach in front of clients, both in the delivery of training and in due course with the potential to deliver Consultancy Support.
· Close collaboration across our business in order to build and maintain bridges between our sales, development and services operations.
· Development and maintenance of an excellent working knowledge of our AWARD® software and associated products.
· Delivery of a Helpdesk role, receiving incoming calls and emails from clients, troubleshooting and problem solving remotely, and working with the team to resolve issues quickly to maintain our excellent reputation.
· Flexibility in working hours in order that our helpdesk and support team are able to cover the full range of support hours, currently from 08:00 to 18:00 - with early or late starts as required.
· Occasional attendance at customer sites to deliver training and/or support as required.
· Development of supporting briefing materials, and involvement in the development of our Consultancy, Expert Assist and Helpdesk offerings.
· Provide Application Support and related advice to our UK and International clients.
Overall, I am seeking a candidate who is highly articulate, convincing, calm and willing to learn and deliver a broad range of skills both internally and facing clients. I am seeking a naturally inquisitive character, with a propensity for delivering both complex technical support and demonstrating the value of technical solutions to our clients.
My client operates a team with genuine opportunities to progress both within our IT and Consultancy Services teams, and a proven track-record of training, developing and retaining our world-class workforce. This role goes beyond traditional helpdesk support, and requires a high-calibre candidate who can develop in to Training and Consultancy alongside their intimate knowledge of our product offerings.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity or any others with Experis please get in touch via Martin.Ferguson@ Experis.co.uk or alternatively call 0161 924 1383.
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence.
Apply for Application Support Helpdesk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly