G2 Senior IT Operations and Service Execution Manager
The Senior Manager – IT Operations and Service Execution is focused primarily on the co-ordinating and carrying out of the activities and processes required to deliver and manage services at agreed levels to business users and customers, concentrating upon the day-to-day management of the IT estate. They will also be the main point of responsibility for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support services.
The Senior Manager – IT Operations and Service Execution’s tasks sit in the stage where the plans, design and optimisation of services are executed and measured, and it is as this stage where actual value is realised by the customer.
Your day will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Oversee and authorize Live Service processes and procedures and ensure that all activity is prioritised and aligned with strategic objectives and complies with statutory and relevant control strategies.
- Manage organisational change activity and effectively plan and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement business plans in line with the NCA’s operating model and strategy, seeking continuous improvement of corporate performance in line with strategic objectives.
- Ensure effective financial management, with financial control of annual operating budgets and capital allocation.
- As part of the Senior Management Team, contribute to the strategic development of the Live Service department, deputising for the Head of Live Services Operations as required.
- Manage, coach and develop staff, providing guidance on development.
- Work co-operatively with staff and colleagues to promote creativity, high performance and adherence to corporate values. Manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers.
- Lead, promote and implement Health and Safety measures, and ensure risk assessments are conducted effectively in line with NCA policy and safety legislation.
- Ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient departmental service.
- Oversee the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information in line with NCA policy.
- Attend cross directorate work groups and engage with business representatives to ensure optimum service provision and best value.
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Entry Criteria taken from the Role Profile -
Entry criteria 1 will be assessed using by a 250 word summary (on the application form) and your CV
- Possesses an understanding of the interaction between ICT service components and general processing concepts, and the interaction between service components and business outcomes (AVMT)
Entry criteria 2 will be assessed using by a 250 word summary (on the application form) and your CV
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving within the context of controlling information and communications technology assets and changes to information systems (ASMG)
Entry criteria 3 will be assessed solely using your CV
- Substantial experience of dealing with users, specialists and service providers (SEAC)
Training & Professional Qualifications
Desirable at Entry:
- Operational Support and Analysis Service Strategy
- Continual Service Improvement
- Candidates must complete the CV application form attached to the bottom of this advert and submit a copy of their most recent CV.
- Candidates are required to evidence in 250 words entry criteria 1 and 2 on the application form attached.
- For entry criteria 3 your CV will be used to assess your experience in this area.
Please return your CV and application form to email@example.com mailbox no later than 12.00hrs on 16th March 2017.
If you already work for the NCA and wish to apply for this role you must complete the Internal Application Form found on the NCA intranet.
- To ensure that your application / emails regarding this vacancy are actioned please ensure that the title of the email contains the following information listed above – G2 Senior IT Operations and Service Execution Manager – GP1616801NJ
- Should an application arrive after the stated deadline it will not be included in the recruitment process, regardless of the reason.
- Should you be successful at short listing but can not attend on the date/time allocated to yourself for a interview date The Recruitment Team can not guarantee a alternate date, regardless of the reason.
- Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is the NCA’s policy not to give feedback to external candidates on applications.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role, with potential for DV clearance at a later date.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
DRIVING DIVERSITY FORWARD
The NCA is a “Two Ticks” employer and is committed to inviting people who have a disability and who meet the minimum criteria at the shortlist stage to interview / Assessment Centre.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Central Government jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Cyber Security jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Digital Forensics jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Information Technology jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent SC Intelligence jobs in Bristol (City Centre)