Endpoint Management Specialist
Endpoint Management Specialist
Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Responsible for the proactive management, compliance auditing and remediation of mandated applications across the client estates managed by the Endpoint Operations team. Some of the platforms/technologies we cover:
- AD computer account maintenance
- Desktop Management (LANDesk, SCCM)
- Antivirus (McAfee ePO/VirusScan, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Sophos AV)
- Patch deployment (WSUS, LANDesk, SCCM)
- Device control (Lumension/Sanctuary Device control, McAfee DLP)
- Disk Encryption (Check Point/PointSec, BeCrypt, McAfee Endpoint Encryption)
- Desktop Backup (Druva InSync)
- Support and maintain the desktop management infrastructure (currently LANDesk and SCCM)
- Support and manage the Antivirus solutions (McAfee ePO/VirusScan, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Sophos AV)
- Patch management - weekly, monthly and ad hoc patch deployments
- To perform maintenance on Active Directory computer accounts
- To perform monthly compliance audits with detailed analysis and commentary for the supported clients and distribute to relevant parties
- To liaise with other Lines of Service and Service Management to ensure that client requirements are met
- To track workload and progress on remediation efforts and project work
- Application deployment via Desktop Management tools
- Management and reporting on desktop backup solution (currently Druva InSync)
- Any reasonable management requests
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of organised project work
- Ability to understand complexities of supporting multiple networks, infrastructures and technologies
- Active Directory/GPO management
- Strong troubleshooting and root-cause analysis skills
- Management of infrastructure systems
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking including VLANS, Firewalls, Subnets, etc.
- SC Clearance
- Strong Excel skills
- Database creation experience (Access, SQL server, PosgreSQL)
- Scripting/programming experience
- Software Packaging exposure
- Management of McAfee ePO/SEPM/Sophos consoles
- Management of LANDesk, SCCM, Marimba or other desktop management solutions
- Active Directory management (understanding of GPOs, AD objects, etc)
- Microsoft Server/Active Directory certification
- Appreciation of managing entire estates, not just single-machine break-fix
- Apple support experience
- Mobile Device support experience
- Responsible and proactive mindset
- Attention to detail
- Organised and conscientious approach to managing own time and workload
Ability to work within a team and to liaise and build relationships with teams from other Lines of Service and with Service Managers/clients
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=NG116JW&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=NG116JW&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.