Endpoint Virtualisation Specialist
Endpoint Virtualisation Specialist
Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Responsible for the implementation, technical SME lead and management of the technical components of the VMWare Horizon Daas and Capita Virtual Workplace services. This should cover:
- Management of tenants within the Capita Virtual Workplace environment
- Design and implementation of virtual desktop platforms focusing on VMWare Horizon DaaS
- Service Provider Management
- Tenant Management
- VMWare User Environment Manager
- Microsoft DHCP
- Maintain and improve existing virtual workplace implementations
- Upgrade and manage DaaS technologies and supporting software stack
- Integrate DaaS solution with supporting technologies (SCCM, Microsoft Identity Manager, Airwatch etc)
- Understand Active Directory (Group Policy, Group Policy Preferences, OU structure, Sites and Services Structure, DNS)
- Mobile Device Management (Microsoft InTune, VMWare Airwatch)
- Certificate Management/Key Management
- Microsoft Distributed Filesystem (DFS-R and DFS-N)
- Design, implement, manage and provide 2nd/3rd line support for the DaaS/Virtual Workplace platform
- Work in conjunction with ES Technical Authorities, Solution Architects and other Group stakeholders to develop and implement proposals and technologies
- Build relationships with 3rd party vendors and internal customers
- Develop new solutions based on existing technologies and promote new technologies where suitable business cases are recognised
- To liaise with other Lines of Service and Service Management to ensure that client requirements are met
- To track workload and progress on project and development work
- Application integration and deployment via Desktop Management tools
- Mentoring of engineers within the Endpoint, RDS and Service Desk teams in specialist areas
- Gain and maintain ongoing certification with at least 2 products
- Any reasonable management requests
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of organised project delivery
- Ability to understand complexities of supporting multiple networks, infrastructures and technologies
- Understanding of Active Directory Sites, Services and Subnets, Group Policy and Preferences, OUs, Delegation, Forest/Domain Functional Levels, Bitlocker integration
- Strong troubleshooting and root-cause analysis skills
- Experience of detailed design, implementation and management of above technologies
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking including VLANs, Firewall, Subnets, etc.
- Understanding of Certificates, Transport Layer Security, Encryption Standards understanding
- SC Clearance
- Horizon Daas or equivalent platform (VMWare Horizon View; Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop) expertise and/or certification
- VMWare Horizon Air Tenant Management
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Database creation experience (SQL Server, PosgreSQL)
- Software Packaging (App-V, MSI, ThinApp)
- Scripting: Powershell, VBScript
- Microsoft Server/Active Directory certification
- Managing large enterprise estates and implementing best practice
- Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS/Amazon AWS (PaaS), EC2 (IaaS) experience
- Azure Directory Services
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=NG116JW&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=NG116JW&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.