Security Cleared (SC) Project Planner - fixed term
We have a number of roles for experienced Security Cleared Project Project Planners who will be responsible of the PMO, they will be deployed across client's Project Teams working with a variety of Civil Servants, Military Personnel and contractors. Planners will be managed and deployed by the PMO and will be tasked by project teams. In addition, successful planners will be moved around the organisation depending on priorities - this will be managed by the PMO.
Successful Project Planners will be expected to:
- 'hit the ground running' across the portfolio to develop and improve existing project plans using EPM 2013 to ensure consistency and coherency is provided.
- There will be a need to work with projects to produce deliverable plans which are fully resourced.
- You will be expected to provide monthly reports and MI to the PMO.
- Experience required of PBS/WBS, Critical Path Analysis, IMS & Dependency Management.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of managing project plans, tracking and report progress using MS Project (/ideally MS EPM)
- Understanding of the management of plans and schedules at different hierarchical levels through consolidation or using Integrated Master Schedules
- Experience in performing schedule risk and impact analysis with a detailed understanding of critical path analysis, schedule integrity and progress reporting
- Experience in developing and managing fully resourced schedules (including resource loading and levelling to actively manage workload and over or under allocations).
- Understanding of planning for technically complex large-scale IT projects and programmes
- Must have detailed understanding of standard project management principles and techniques (eg APM, MSP, Prince2, PMI).
- Understand dependency linking (int & ext dependencies)
- Recent and relevant experience in the defence sector
- Experience of applying Risk Management methods and principles
- Provide coaching to the project teams to enable them to work more effectively and with minimum direct planner support, hence improving overall efficiency
- Ability to make informed decisions using Management Information (MI)
- Knowledge of Agile Project Delivery
Due to the nature of the project, the successful candidate will have a valid Security Clearance or willing to undergo.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Wiltshire
- Central Government SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Wiltshire
- Consultancy SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Wiltshire
- Defence SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Wiltshire
- Information Technology SC Contract £150,000 Plus jobs in Wiltshire