Junior Software Engineer (Manchester & Gloucestershire positions)
Northrop Grumman is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with much of its situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the ‘go to’ provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, Northrop Grumman has an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
The Cyber Solutions Division of Northrop Grumman are seeking talented Software Engineers at all levels to join our team in Gloucestershire, working within a rapidly growing environment.
Outpacing the rapidly evolving cyber threat spectrum demands constant innovation. Northrop Grumman has immediate opportunities for experienced software engineers to design, develop and maintain a suite of applications.
Successful candidates may be asked to support the team in Scrum/Agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business.
The ideal candidate:
• Has experience of designing and developing innovative software solution
• Has experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
• Will be keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
• Experience in software development using Java
• Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki’s
• Experience with good DevOps approach and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
• Experience with object oriented design
• Experience with or interest in Model Driven Architecture
• Experience in relational database technologies; such as Oracle 11g and MySQL
• Experience in graph database technologies; such as Neo4J and OrientDB
• Experience in some of the following programming languages: Java EE, SQL, PL/SQL, Ruby, Scala
• Experience in some of the following frameworks: EJB, JSF, Spring, JUnit, EasyMock
• Experience with various open source products, e.g. Apache Foundation products
• Experience of UK Government working practices
• Experience working within an ITIL based service delivery environment
• Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Aerospace jobs in Gloucestershire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Gloucestershire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Gloucestershire
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Information Technology jobs in Gloucestershire