Client Technology Director
Job Role: Client Technology Director
Location: South West, Hampshire and London
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Client Technology Director - Permanent - South West, Hampshire and London
Our client's Defence, Security & Technology Division is a major supplier to the Public Sector delivers a range of services including P3M and Business Consulting, Advanced Engineering, Technology Services and Solutions into the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Intelligence, and Public Sector markets.
As part of their growth, our client is recruiting a Technical Director. With a proven track record in supporting high quality systems engineering delivery and strategic advice to demanding clients in complex Stakeholder environments, developing effective working relationships with client senior teams at the CxO level.
Our client's Defence account is a successful and growing part of their business, which has expanded over the last two years in terms of both footprint and capability. They have built a high quality consulting and ICT engineering team, attracting top-tier talent and delivering high quality work. Due to continuing growth, they are looking to continue the expansion of their senior delivery team with a primary focus on providing their defence clients with cutting edge technical advice and leadership.
This is an exciting time in the division and this role will provide significant development opportunities that arise through working in a growth area in an expanding team. As well as technical delivery and assurance, the successful candidate will be expected to support development of the Defence account through, for example, development of new propositions, provision of thought leadership to their customers and supporting the business development team with key account management.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process.
- Developing effective senior CxO relationships in Defence
- Advising on strategic technical/business direction in complex stakeholder environments
- Delivering and supporting complex solution delivery activities through the full lifecycle
- Development and assurance of IT architectures and solutions
- Communicating complex concepts and solutions in a compelling and straightforward way, yet underpinned by a strong grasp of the detail
- Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members
- Supporting the marketing and selling of advisory and implementation services, including presenting and facilitating at key conferences
- Supporting the development of the Technical Services and Solutions practice
- Line Management of senior team members
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate excellent core competence and experience in delivery of the full lifecycle of complex solutions and technical architecture development. Additionally, we are looking for people with the experience and skills in developing business relationships at all levels, and leading or working in teams to deliver great work.
- Delivering and providing strategic technical/business advice at up to CxO level on the latest approaches (relevant to Defence) such as Agile, Cloud, Everything as a Service, Service Integration, Dev Ops, Containers and Micro Services.
- Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Information / Data Architecture
- IT Service Management
- Integration Architecture, including platform ecosystems and API strategies
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis and Information Management
- Cloud solutions - The effective consumption of cloud services (IaaS, SaaS, SECaaS, DBaaS,)
- Existing knowledge of, and senior relationships within Defence IT is highly desirable. An ability to leverage wider market experience in other sectors is desirable
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels of stakeholder up to CxO
- Good general consulting skills (structured thinking, effective report writing and presentations, and strong stakeholder engagement).
- Ability to work under broad direction, with a high level of self-initiation.
- Experience of supporting the delivering and selling of system engineering or IT advisory and implementation services programmes in a "blue chip" consultancy or SI environment
- Good first degree with relevant qualifications and membership of professional bodies (e.g. BCS)
- Knowledge and experience of new technology trends and disruptive technologies, including cloud, government ICT strategy, social, big data and digital services
- Experience of leading or contributing to bids and tenders.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.