Command and Control Project Engineer
Command and Control Project Engineer:
World class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit 2x Command and Control Project Engineers.
# Important – previous experience of working in the Defence / Aerospace industry is required in order to be considered for these role(s) #
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 18 months (ongoing after).
Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department.
Command and Control Project Engineer Job Description:
C2 Definition Engineer working in the EMADS UK C2 team delivering the UK GBAD (Phase 1 & Phase 2) programme.
• Contribute to the definition of the GBAD C2 Black Box architecture and Software Requirements Specification, which requires close collaboration with the GBAD Weapon System team.
• Contribute to the functional definition of the GBAD C2, i.e. the White Box architecture – specialising and extending the Open C2 (MOC2) core architecture and implementing traceability to the Software Requirements Specification.
• Generate the SysML and textual definition of the GBAD C2 design and allocated Common EMADS C2 design, with a particular focus on new areas of top down functionality relating to mission start up and maintenance domains.
• Liaise with Italian counterparts to maintain a coherent system design.
• Develop solutions to emerging problems and technical challenges arising through the GBAD and EMADS programmes.
• Team Player, capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement.
• Effective communication skills to advertise requirements, design, problems and solutions at high level with systems engineers as well as in detail with SET / GCN.
• Systems Engineering with good understanding of requirements (language) and architecture (land background would be beneficial)
• Adaptable – capable of focussing on the UK, Italian and the export need.
• Pro-active / self-starter with ability to analyse problems and provide robust solutions.
• Strong technical skills with respect to systems engineering, especially SysML/MBSE.
• Negotiation and influencing skills to achieve optimum solutions to difficult problems with multiple (international) stakeholders.