DV Cleared UNIX IT Support Engineer
- Proficient in RedHat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 5/6/7.x (Ideally with certification) and /or Solaris 10/11.x Build, Manage and Configure
- Experience with installations, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Firm understanding and experience of Security and related hardening practices, Remote provisioning/management technologies(Puppet/Foreman), RHSS and Shell scripting.
- All aspects of patching E.g. Solaris Global and Sparse Zones
- VMWARE (vsphere), AD, DHCP, DNS, NIS, Unix/Linux performance tuning and knowledge of kernel tuning.
- Good understanding of networking and Storage Technologies
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership of work, whilst demonstrating a tenacity to pursue problems to resolution and the confidence to challenge thinking and suggest novel approaches to problems.
- An understanding of competencies associated with other technical towers Storage connectivity, RAID and zoning TCP/IP technology, Network classes/CIDR. LINUX
- Solid technical background to draw upon, from an enterprise level, data centre or third level solution centre background.
- Strong problem investigation and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyse and resolve technical issues around Software installation.
- Capability to work in partnership with Architecture to scope and understand the client's requirements.
- Ability to critique architectural designs within your technical competencies.
- Competence to confidently work in partnership with the client to deliver working solutions to deadlines.
- Proficiency to be able to communicate progress and issues to agreed Stakeholders in a timely understandable manner.
- Quality of mind that is strongly motivated and shows initiative to 'get the job done'.
- Diligence that delivers documentation to support the technical solution, and also in partnership with Architecture evolves the original design documentation to be reflective of the actual build.
- A team player that is able to work with minimal supervision.