DV Cleared Storage IT Support Engineer
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within an infrastructure team with a specialisation of storage, ideally within VMware and SQL back-up environments.
The ideal individual will have a clear understanding of server and storage virtualisation. They will be able to contribute their expertise whilst working alongside a dedicated hosting and infrastructure team.
- Delivery of day to day backup requirements for both SAN & NAS (Block & File) to ensure full restore capability
- Help to contribute to the management of resources, assigned Incidents, Service Requests and Problems.
- Working with Service Delivery team to meet SLA's
- Delivery of Service to agreed SLA's
- Maintain procedures and processes in line with standards
- Monitor and identify any trends or irregular activities on jobs logged with the Storage Team that could relate to potential IT issues and escalate to their Storage Lead or Service Delivery Manager.
- Engineer is expected to be involved in the strategy, design, planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising of the related storage and backup infrastructure component services.
Essential Skills: -
Proven experience using Netbackup and/or DataProtector in a production environment
Proven experience with one of these vendors / vendor products :-
- EMC - Clariion / Celerra / VNX / Isilon
- NetApp - FAS 6000-6200-8200 Series / OnTAP 8 - 7mode / SnapMirror / SnapVault
- HP - XP / EVA / 3PAR
Proven experience supporting Backup & Restores in a windows environment
Proven experience supporting VMware backups
Proven experience supporting Microsoft SQL backups
Experience of supporting storage over a network using file-based protocols such as NFS, CIFS, FTP, TFTP, and HTTP
Experience in generating supporting documentation such as procedures, updating Wiki
Good communication skills
Desirable skills: -
- Experience supporting the Brocade range of SAN switches
- Experience performing Linux & Solaris backups
- Any experience with EMC Recover Point Appliance
- Any experience using Oracle RMAN to perform Hot/Online Oracle backups
- Any experience within NetApp OnTAP cDOT
- Any experience presenting LUN from any Storage Arrays
- Comfortable using Unix like command line and shell scripting
Apply for DV Cleared Storage IT Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly