DV Cleared Wintel exp IT Support Engineer
IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Key Accountabilities: -
- Approx. 5 years' experience in large Data Centre/Enterprise environment
- Good verbal and Written Communication.
- Well versed with Infrastructure Management
- Working on Incidents, Service Requests etc., and handling escalated issues and Service Improvements plans.
- An interface with Customers and Service Management personnel is expected
- Good Team player - work with senior team members, conduct technical sessions, mentoring team members
- Identifying improvements to service is expected from the role.
Behavioral/Personality Specifications: -
- Working under the guidance of a delivery lead within the Windows and VMware team.
- Individual/Team player responsible for handling critical and complex issues.
- Documentation and Knowledge Transfer
- Train L1 and L2 support team members.
- Ability to work independently and with teams.
- A customer oriented attitude and desire to help others succeed
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start.
- Committed to providing quality customer service.
- A demonstrated positive and proactive approach
- Expected to work flexible hours based on the organizational needs and be available to be on-call on a rotational basis
- Build, Manage and Configure server environments (up to and including 2012R2)
- Have a working knowledge of clustered environments.
- Design, Sizing and Implementation of Virtualization Platforms like VMware for Server Virtualization
- Install and Configure VCenter and other related VSphere components
- Setup, Install and configure ESX/ESXi 4/5/5.5/6 servers
- Setup, Install and configure standard and distributed virtual switches
- Assign storage LUNs to ESX hosts, creating data stores
- Image management, taking snapshots and restoring VMs from backup
- Understanding of the pre-requisites for P2V migrations, Plan and carry out P2V migration
- Troubleshooting problems related to P2V migrations, identifying and implementing resolutions
- VSphere problem determination and root cause analysis
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting of ESX/ESXi server environment though GUI & command line
- Troubleshooting storage level issue ISCSI/FC/HBA related
- Monitoring & Managing the Vcenter & ESXI logs.
- Configuring and Customization for the Auto install VM Configuring Vcenter convertor & any other converting tools e.g. Platesspin
- Configuring host profiles & Auto Install of ESXI servers work with VMware support for troubleshooting support issues.
- VSphere system administration and support including Vmotion, Storage Vmotion, HA, DRS, FT
- Good with PowerCLI scripting
- Performance tuning of VMware servers
- Health check for VMs and ESX host