Network Security Service Lead
Network Security Service Lead
Salary: £64'000 - £68'000 + Benefits
Job description/Person specification:
The Network Security Service Lead is responsible for the operational service of large and complex corporate network infrastructure, and for safeguarding the security of information, data, intellectual property and IT assets through the application of good Cyber Security practices.
Knowledge, skills and Capabilities
* Team Management
* Service Management
* Customer Relationships
* Service Transition
* Soft Skills
* In conjunction with the Network Security Officer, set and enforce cyber security processes, policies and tools across the business to protect the integrity of systems and to ensure full compliance with corporate and legal requirements
* In conjunction with Security Architecture, jointly set the strategy for the delivery of Cyber Security within Corporate IT systems and ensure the ongoing delivery of a robust network security service (technology, people, quality, training etc)
* Play a leading part in advising business divisions on Cyber Security, including the services available from Corporate IT, and how to secure networks to similar standards under alternate delivery models.
* Responsible for ensuring the live environment is available to the business and is not compromised by project developments or routine BAU changes.
* Resource Manager for Projects and BAU Tasks, including the hiring of permanent or temporary staff as appropriate
* Prioritisation of conflicting demands (e.g. managing IT delivery to internal stakeholders vs that to our independent entities, and BAU vs projects)
* Continually ensure team members are trained and certified to an appropriate level for delivering service
* Provide employee development and performance reviews, employee coaching and mentoring.
* Liaison with IT Leadership, peer-level service leads and IT Architecture to share knowledge, best practice and reach departmental/organisational objectives.
* Act as a key stakeholder for the Network/Security aspects of new systems / systems changes as they transition to operational service
* Building long lasting relationships with customers
* Establish and maintain appropriate supplier relationships
* Highlight areas of concern, and ideas for improvement, when there is belief that systems or services could be impacted or improved.
* Act as lead SME being the escalation point of contact for all technical issues and encompassing accountabilities set for the members of the team,
* Support the team both technically and managerial in all in complex ticket/case management and complex change requests.
* Demonstrable experience of leading a highly utilised Network Security Team
* Hands-on technical experience and expertise in two or more industry leading security vendors
* Exposure to or experience of network architecture
* Relevant network certification such as CCDP or CCNA or equivalent providing evidence of advanced networking knowledge and capabilities.
* Significant previous experience of team management
* Strong Communication and presentation skills to confidently build relations at all levels
* Security Clearance to be held and maintained at level appropriate for the role.
* Current valid driving licence required to support on call and occasional travel.
If you would like to know more please do get in touch. You can reach me on
Apply for Network Security Service Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly