Project Planners and Schedulers
Pcubed is the largest global management consulting firm uniquely focused on program, portfolio and change management. We have delivered business transformation and embedded innovation for half of the Fortune 100 since 1994.
We can deliver the capabilities of over 1200 skilled PPM consultants based in over 30 offices worldwide with the additional support of a global network of specialist associates to optimally serve our clients globally.
Pcubed has a passionate, entrepreneurial and collaborative culture, which is at the heart of our continued success. At the core of our drive and ambitions are the sustainable growth of our business, excellence in delivery, and the empowerment and development of our talents globally.
As part of Pcubed’s exciting growth plans, we are looking to build our Managed Services offerings within the UK and looking for exceptional talent to be an integral part of this. We are looking for experienced Senior Project Planners/Schedulers.
Responsibilities will include;
- Creating and evolving Planning Principles and Standards (including standard tools and templates)
- Creating and evolving Scheduling and Estimating Principles and Standards (including standard tools and templates)
- Creating and evolving Schedule assurance and diagnostic standards (including Acumen Fuse metrics)
- Building and agreeing appropriate project breakdown structures (PBS, WBS, OBS, RAM, CBS)
- Creating initial dependency registers and integrating with breakdown structures
- Building network diagrams to test business logic
- Building L0 (high-level milestone) plans;
- Creating L4 schedule structures within MSP;
- Overall assurance leads for pre-gate checks
- Professional coach, advisor, and manager of a team of 10 planners in diverse programs across the client site
- Ad hoc support for any complex planning and scheduling questions and issue.
This role will be based on our client site in Wiltshire and will not involve travel.
Required skills and Experience
We are looking for talented, dynamic and experienced Project Planners and Schedulers who hold active SC clearance.
You will have:
- A strong track record in project scheduling and experience of managing schedules
- Experience of managing project plans, tracking and report progress using MS Project
- Understanding of the management of plans and schedules at different hierarchical levels through consolidation or using Integrated Master Schedules
- Experience in performing schedule risk and impact analysis with a detailed understanding of critical path analysis, schedule integrity and progress reporting
- Understanding of planning for technically complex, large-scale IT projects and programmes
- Must have detailed understanding of standard project management principles and techniques i.e. APM, MSP, Prince 2, PMI
- Comprehensive understanding of dependency linking (internal and external dependencies)
- Recent and relevant experience in the defense sector
- A flexible and adaptable approach combined with an ability to work well in ambiguous environments
- A proactive attitude
- Active clearance at SC level
Why Join the Pcubed team?
We make a real impact and so will you.
As a PCU3ED consultant you will be able to deliver significant business benefits and change. You’ll have real opportunities for rapid career progression as our culture allows each employee to make a difference.
PCU3ED has a refreshing lack of formality.
The only focus is on successful delivery for our clients. As we have a flat structured environment, you’ll be given responsibility as soon as you start and you will be able to shape your future career to take you in the direction that you want to go in.
We will support you in your development.
We don’t just employ people and deploy you on one client site for years. We on-board you into our culture, provide continuous training and skills refreshers, regularly rotate assignments, and offer you access to the full range of our diverse client accounts.
Diversity and Right to Work
Pcubed is an equal opportunities employer and seeks to employ a workforce which reflects the diverse community at large. Please note that in order to be considered for these opportunities you must have the right to work in the UK.