Data Centre Engineer
POSITION: Data Centre Engineer
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
DAILY RATE: Highly Competitive (dependent on candidate's level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV CLEARANCE is required for this position prior to contract commencement
*** Please be aware that DV Clearance is required for this position prior to contract commencement. We highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment ***
We are currently supporting our client's need to expand their existing team and are looking to recruit an experienced Data Centre Engineer to join a talented Infrastructure / Network Support team.
The Data Centre Engineer will be responsible for the policing of internal and external technical spaces, reporting any deficiencies to the Data Centre Services Lead, strict adherence to operational processes, scheduling and resource planning.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain access control lists and assisting in the internal design and redesigning of technical space when required;
- Using the data centre management tool, assist with technical planning for equipment decommissioning, movement and deployment;
- Maintain the 'process and procedure' documentation relating to all aspects of the data centre management as well as testing and deployment of data centre management and planning tools;
- Utilise acceptance criteria and procedures for the installation of IT infrastructure, ensuring that operational environments are maintained to the highest standards in accordance with industry best practice;
- Ensure that all IT infrastructures are operated in accordance with security, health and safety and other appropriate organisation policies.
- Provision of relevant and accurate management information for all areas of responsibility including but not limited to utilisation, availability and performance.
This role would suit a proactive Data Centre Engineer that is seeking a challenging project who wants to build and enhance their existing Data Centre skills and experience as well as allowing him/her the opportunity to play a crucial role in changing the outlook for the client organisation.
The successful Data Centre Engineer will need to possess the following mandatory skills and experience:
- DV Clearance;
- Proven background and previous experience of working within a Data Centre;
- Good working knowledge of Aperture Vista-500
Location: Central London
Duration: 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
Daily Rate: Highly Competitive (dependent on candidate's level of experience)
Are you interested??? Do you have the talent and skillset to fulfil this role???
If so, then please apply with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring all dates of current and past work history is correct and up-to-date.
Capita is committed to recruiting a workforce that reflects the diverse communities that our clients serve. We are committed to a policy of equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of your gender, age, disability, marital status, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered is those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.