Operational Cyber Researcher/Software Engineer
2 days left
- Job Type
Operational Cyber Researcher/Software Engineer, C++, Python, C, Low-level programming, reverse engineering, exploitation - Gloucester/ Cheltenham, £35,000 - £65,000 required for highly secure central Government client work.
My client is seeking the very best Software Engineer to join their industry leading Operational Cyber Practice within their National and Cyber Security arm of the business. The work conducted within, is of a highly classified nature and due to the secure nature of said projects requires individuals to hold a current Developer Vetting Clearance.
The team is widely regarded as the most desirable within my clients business due to the work conducted as well as they technical and working environment within. They are built up of a team of highly skilled Engineers from different back grounds, but all have the same things in common they are hugely passionate about technology and working to the highest demands as well as seeing how far they can push technological boundaries, whilst using their technical expertise to make a difference to the security of the UK.
Experiences with Engineering highly secure systems within a very challenging environment often working to demanding technical requirements from the client themselves.
The out come is that you will produce Software, solutions and products the breed's confidence within their Central Government client within a highly secure sector on varying client needs.
You will be working to a high degree of independence from your management; you will have a good grasp of design down to high quality low level implementation. This role and team as discussed comes with a high degree of autonomy and does not shackle creative freedom.
- Understand various development methodologies, and how they fit in with different delivery approaches.
- Factor operational security requirements into system design, development and testing.
- Adopt a pragmatic approach to changing customer requirements and priorities, reporting on the impact and suggesting appropriate aspects to de-scope.
- Embrace emerging technology and language trends, evaluating beneficial emerging tools and championing their adoption and rollout.
- Plan appropriate testing approaches (eg physical/virtual/real-world) and justify them according to the different risk profiles.
- Design, code and document software from a logical design.
- Collaborate with team members to integrate developed code seamlessly into the solution.
- Implement continuous integration where appropriate.
- Define and write test scripts and unit, integration and system tests for developed software.
- Familiarity with of variety of development tools (IDEs, debuggers, source control).
- Principles of high-assurance development.
- Development techniques such as unit testing, mocking, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- Understanding of how the specific customer domain affects the software under development.
- Awareness of IT security as a major issue for companies and governments.
- Intermediate/advanced understanding of how computers work (eg stack/heap distinction, compiled/interpreted languages).
- Proficient with at least 1 "solution" language (eg C++, Java, C#).
- Able to use and configure more than one major operating system (eg Windows, OSX, Linux, FreeBSD)
- Current Developer Vetting level of security clearance.
Apply for Operational Cyber Researcher/Software Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly