Subcontract Administrator and Procurement Officer
To protect the commercial interests of the company’s business in all areas of procurement by the identification of suitable suppliers for all procured items and with the support of the Head of Contracts, prepare and agree subcontracts, prepare and manage purchase orders to on time delivery, establish trading and pricing agreements with those suppliers or service providers to best enhance the competiveness and profitability of the company.
main tasks and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• Support the company in developing and promoting positive and mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Identify suitable alternative sources of supply
• Complete all required actions so that identified suppliers may be added to the Company’s Approved Suppliers List
• Develop Request For Proposal packages including subcontracts on Company or flow down terms
• Manage tender process
• Preparation and placement of standard Purchase Orders
• Receive and acknowledge Supplier acknowledgements of accepted orders/contracts.
• Monitor purchase orders/sub-contracts for compliance with contracted delivery schedules
• Evaluate suppliers proposals against objective criteria to down-select those offering maximum compliance against requirements at best value
• Liaise with Contracts to seek approval of the commercial content and terms and conditions of Supplier’s quotations and proposals.
• Negotiate on terms and pricing with Suppliers
• Track orders and progress chase with Suppliers
• Monitor and track stock items against buffer levels, lead times and minimum order quantities
• Highlight and/or escalate any supplier delinquency which could give rise to risks to the Company meeting its contractual obligations.
• Ensure onward referral and escalation of any issues requiring senior management involvement.
• Understand and conform to Northrop Grumman's ethical policies, Standards of Business Conduct and quality management policies and procedures.
• Review and comment on the company’s procurement procedures and templates for continuous improvement purposes.
• Carry out other ad-hoc tasks that may reasonably be required.
• Be Qualified to at least HND (or ideally degree level) standard in a relevant subject.
• CIPS Qualified.
• Willingness to be cleared to (or already hold) SC level.
• IT literacy especially Microsoft Office suite applications.
• Commercial awareness.
• Ability to build relationships with supplier representatives.
• Strong numeracy, administrative and organisational skills.
• Proactive team member.
• Customer focus.
• Flexible approach.
• Initiative, tenacity and logical methods in problem solving.
• Delivery of convincing arguments in support of company position.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Proactive self-starter.
• Collaborative skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must be able to work across multiple geographic locations within the UK.
• Valid UK Passport and driving license.
• Some overseas travel may be required.
• Ability to work under pressure and extra hours to meet deadlines.
• Buying/Purchase Order/contract/subcontract management.
• Purchase order drafting and basic awareness of contract law.
• Price negotiation.
• Export/import control including knowledge of ITAR.
• Able to operate in a multi-project/programme environment.
• Defence & Security or Aerospace sector experience.