Within the context of Learning and Development, the post holder will be responsible for the development of allocated Investigators and will plan and carry out assessments against the Professional Development Award [BTEC Level 5] framework and organisational standards, ensuring timely achievement of qualifications.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development of allocated Investigators to ensure they progress in line with expectation. This includes assessing and guiding investigators in the workplace as part of their Professional Development Award [BTEC Level 5] ensuring they achieve accreditation in line with organisational objectives and targets.
- Facilitate monthly meetings within the workplace to quality assure portfolio evidence and provide feedback on performance to assist development.
- Prepare, agree and regularly review assessment plans with each investigator, highlighting any requirements for developmental opportunities with operational line management.
- Manage and coordinate workshops/simulation exercises to assist learners in their development and achievement of their qualification.
- Assist investigators in creating and maintaining portfolios in line with internal and external quality assurance standards ensuring timely submission.
- Maintain accurate records of learner achievements and assessment decisions.
- Maintain efficient tracking systems as stipulated by the organisation, reporting on a monthly basis to regional Directorate Training Managers and operational line management on learner progress.
- Maintain an effective framework to ensure the learning and development of investigators in line with organisational standards.
- Attend and positively engage in standardisation meetings to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the assessment process.
- Ensure that all Equal Opportunities policies and Health & Safety requirements are complied with and all candidates are given fair access to assessment.
- Additional duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Accreditation Lead.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
The essential requirements are:
The post-holder must be able to demonstrate
- Proven experience of assessing in a workplace environment
- Proven coaching/mentoring experience with an ability to influence and motivate learners
- Professional and occupational knowledge of leading investigations in the public or private sectors
- Ability to manage a constant workload and balance conflicting demands to achieve timely targets
- Proven experience of working effectively in a team environment
- Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to quality of service
- Flexible approach and a willingness to travel as required.
- Full driving licence valid for driving in the UK
- Graduate degree or good general education such as 2 A levels or equivalent, or demonstrated through structured workplace development.
- Proficiency in the use of IT, including Microsoft Office applications
- Relevant assessor qualification (CAVA or equivalent)
- PIP Level 2 qualification or equivalent investigative experience
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Policing jobs in Birmingham
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Public Sector jobs in Birmingham
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Investigation jobs in Birmingham
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Training jobs in Birmingham