The Communications Manager's role is to sustainably improve the quality of internal and external communication for our Software Engineering department. The comms manager will be expected to transfer, grow and develop good communication skills and practice at all levels, from junior developers through to leadership. They will provide coaching and a 'Comms conscience' to help establish a culture of good communication. They will also need to help the department harness the power of modern communication tools, techniques and media.
Communication Manager- Key duties
*Develop and support communication skill in department staff, both written and oral.
*Design, develop and edit new and existing materials and create new communications tools and processes.
*Prepare and distribute communications through various channels and media.
Communication Manager-Essential requirements
Proven strong written and oral communication skills in a similar role
* A track record of developing communication skill in others.
* Strong understanding of intranet design and management.
* High level attention to detail.
* Recent experience in the public sector in a similar role would be helpful.
* Experience of working with technical staff is highly desirable.
* Experience with collaboration tools like Jira and Confluence is highly desirable.