£63,000 - £85,000 + Excellent Benefits - Croydon
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our major UK clients for a Programme Manager. They are one of the leading government departments responsible for various areas including crime, counter-terrorism and the police.
They have one of the largest IT estates in the UK which is engaged with by millions of customers each year. As a result of continuous growth in their technical team they are seeking an experienced Programme Manager to join them.
Accountable for the delivery of a programme to recognised standards, ensuring the programme is managed to realise business benefits
- Ownership and alignment project methodologies
- Plan, direct and co-ordinate activities to manage and implement a programme.
- Manage programme risks and issues and develop actions to address them.
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against the programme budget
- A seasoned portfolio project manager that is used to managing complex programs and projects
- Background putting together end to end plans and mapping out dependences and work breakdown structures
- Can assess and assure projects and find out where they are going wrong and what is required to remediate
- Has gravitas and can hold him/herself in meetings
- Background using Agile methodologies
- Proactive and hands on - the individual must be able to roll up their sleeves and do some of the work themselves rather than always rely on others
- Must be used to complex organisational environments
- Public sector experience
- Preferably from a technology background
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this role please do so by following the link provided.