Technical Consultant (GIS
Role: GIS Consultant
Location: Cambridge, London, South West, Gloucestershire
Salary: £40000 to £47000 + bonus + benefits
There are new opportunities available for GIS Consultants with a leading provider of end to end Geographic Information Systems (GIS) solutions for the management and exploitation of information in the defence and security sectors.
The GIS Consultant will be party of a Technical Services Team providing technical support to the defence and security sectors both in the UK and overseas.
This a great opportunity for a Technical Consultant with excellent GIS technical skills, predominantly using Esri technology, developing a good track record with UK Defence or related government projects.
Because of the secure work environments and potentially sensitive nature of projects undertaken, my client will only accept UK Nationals who have resided in this country for at least 10 years.
The GIS Consultant will be involved in the following work activities:
- GIS Consultants are employed on a wide variety of projects across the Defence and Security domain, with staff working both as individuals, and as part of a wider team. (On occasion, staff are embedded into customer organisations to provide direct support to the customer.)
- As well as technical integration, configuration and development outputs, other outputs and deliverables are varied and include written reports and investigations, verbal presentations or the running of workshops to capture user requirements
The GIS Consultant will offer skills/experience to include:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of a GIS and its applications to support business decision making
- Advanced knowledge of Esri ArcGIS Platform at version 10.x and later
- Advanced knowledge of ArcGIS Server at v 10.x and later
- Experience of designing and implementing geospatial work flows
- Knowledge of Model Builder / Python
- Experience of geospatial data management in file based and RDBMS environments
- Experience in the use of geospatial analysis to support decision making
- Essential educated up to at least BSc at 2:1, in GIS, ICT and Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience of direct customer liaison
- Basic knowledge of OGC standards
- Able to interact confidently with customers
- Active Security Clearance (DV, SC or above) is of particular interest
- Understanding and experience of the wider Defence and Security domains.
- Ability to support wider Business Development and promotion activities.
- Understanding or experience in delivering MoD programmes.
- Experience of design and deployment of geospatial web applications
- Experience of the use of imagery within spatial analysis
- Experience of other geospatial software
- Experience of implementing web / mobile / desktop / server based geospatial software
- Experience of troubleshooting geospatial systems
- Desirable educated to MSc
- British Citizen (exceptionally foreign national) holding DV Security clearance (or willingness/ ability to achieve clearance).
- Willing to travel on a national and international basis and to work off site for short periods of time throughout the year.
- The role will require regular attendance at the company offices in Gloucestershire with the remainder of the time on client sites or exceptionally homeworking