Senior Network Engineer
1 day left
- Job Type
As a Senior Network Engineer, the successful candidate will be employed to undertake a defined range of Network engineering design, development & test activities for a maritime programme in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Network engineering team leader.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to broaden your knowledge and undertake training courses as well as having the chance to work on an on-going project which will offer challenges and change throughout the duration and allowing you to work alongside a broad range of different internal stakeholders.
Our client is looking for the successful candidate to be a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to succeed despite setbacks and have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing to management and peers, experience in a multi- disciplined engineering environment would also be beneficial.
Senior Network Engineer - Permanent - Surrey - £44,000 - £48,000 per annum
- Responsibility for various stages of the network development. This may include: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components
- Ensuring that communications function across the network architecture and that the network's performance meets the necessary requirements
- Providing direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration
- Carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services and supplying technical support and expertise to others as required
- Answering Technical queries about your own work
- Acting as a member of a technical team created to accomplish tasks of a specialist nature.
Senior Network Engineer with experience of a number of the following:
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper and Dell Switches and Fortinet Firewalls
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
- Current Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP or CCNA/CCNP and/or CCDA certification
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds
- A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance.
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008
- Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
- Working knowledge of various VMware tools
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Senior Network Engineer
Salary/Rate: £44,000 - £48,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Apply for Senior Network Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly