Network Engineer - DV
Network Engineer - DV
I am currently recruiting a DV Network Engineer to be based in West Midlands. The engineer will provide specialist support for Network equipment and cabling (copper & fibre) infrastructure, including all IP network devices i.e. routers (including all onsite All Encrypted Network (AEN) routers), switches, cryptographic devices, Firewalls, VoIP and VTC services. The engineer will need to be DV cleared or clearable, this is initially a 6month contract with potential extensions working on a defence project.
The Engineer will support LAN/WAN infrastructure through incident, change, and problem and configuration management. The role will encompass support for Trails, projects and exercises, routine and emergency maintenance and Capacity and demand management. The Engineer will be required to diagnose the cause of problems of incidents escalated to them from other teams and investigate where possible suitable solutions so that these issues and make recommendations to design change (HLD/LLD and associated Junctions of Maintenance (JoM), ensuring that all network changes have been captured or are being updated in the design documentation. The Engineer will be expected to participate and contribute to Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) initiatives including creating documentation to enable knowledge transfer and manage and execute tasks in accordance with LORA.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CCNA/P Router and Switch
- CCNA Security
- Switching and subnet addressing.
- Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Juniper family, Experience of network implementation work.
- Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience of multi-level voice and video conferencing services
- Experience with VoIP end-to-end communications
- Can provide guidance on High Level Designs
- Understanding of Intrusion Detection System
- Understanding of Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Experience of Access Control Lists
Skills - Useful:
- Background in secure digital and data communications systems
- Previous experience of network design.
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of network security.
- Sofos Firewalls.
If you have any interest please give me a call on 02076541422 or email me at Abdullah.firstname.lastname@example.org