Fibre Optic Technicians - Telco - London
Fibre Audit Technician - Telco - London - Contract
A global Telco provider are now looking to onboard a large number of highly experienced Technicians with specific skills in fibre optics for the audit and consolidation of an large existing fibre estate within London. This position will be mainly field based due to the nature of the project and will be at least 12 months in duration.
The role will entail re-labelling fibre and ensuring all fibre identified on site is documented and reported for the alignment of fibre inventory systems aswell as removing any redundant or over length fibres. Once a site has been audited you will then be installing new standardised ODF equipment to future proof the clients requirements.
The successful candidates will have the following:
- Possess SC clearance or be a UK resident for over 5 years, thereby able to gain clearance if required.
- Shall have an understanding of telecoms transmission having previously worked on fibre optic cables.
- Shall understand typical circuit labelling have good eyesight and attention to detail.
- Shall have ability to work with and under supervision of others has good communication skills being prompt and reliable at all times.
- Shall have basic knowledge of fibre test principle and equipment (OTDR, live fibre tester, fibre microscope etc.)
- Shall possess excellent attention to detail (essential as the role requires recording large volumes of key fibre data).
- Must be an excellent team worker and readily accept instruction from lead engineers.
- Shall have excellent communication skills (essential as the role requires constant communication with, and updating of offshore teams and schedulers).
- Shall be an excellent time keeper.
- Engineers must have completed a IOSH health and safety course (or similar) that covers; risk and hazards of working in head ends or exchange environments.
If this role seems like a good fit for you please respond to this advert or, send over your up to date CV direct to Patrick.McNamara@ProjectPeople.com - alternatively please call Patrick on (0117) 9087000 but please ensure you meet the role criteria.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.