Technical Project Manager
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus' CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
We are currently looking for a Technical Project Manager for our site in Newport. 1. Project Management
Ensuring projects are planned and managed within budget, in line with quality specifications and on schedule in cooperation with internal and external service providers and partners with the aim of guaranteeing smooth progress and completion of the project. Ensuring compliance with planning parameters and initiating corrective measures in coordination with the superior in the event of deviations. Ensure adherence to agreed BMS and Gate processes.
Alongside Subcontract Management, ensuring the implementation of and compliance with all contracts with internal and external service providers and other subcontractors, taking into account scheduling, cost and quality requirements, with the aim of guaranteeing proper processing of orders and management of projects. Ensuring internal and external acceptance testing of products is completed in line with requirements.
Writing reports for superiors to provide full and accurate information concerning project status, deviations from the aims and special risks, in line with requirements. Ensuring progress reports are compiled and aligned with the Business reporting cycle.
4. Staff Management and Organization
Along with the Functional Manager direct, motivate and develop the project team, taking decisions on specific project related personnel measures in cooperation with HR department. Objective setting and performance appraisal of direct reports again in conjunction with Functional Manager.
Helping to formulate project strategies and ensuring that these strategies are implemented and followed in the area of responsibility. Align project to strategic programme direction set by Head of Programmes or TI Programme Manager.
- Educated to a degree level in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Math or equivalent
- Strong technical background and experience of High Grade product development to UK Government standards
- Formal qualification and experience in Project and Programme Management (e.g. PMP, PRINCE 2, MSP Practitioner)
- Membership of relevant Professional body
- A proven track record of successfully delivering large, complex projects
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost to completion projections and make decisions accordingly
- Excellent customer service knowledge
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities. Please apply online for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract SC Aerospace jobs in Newport (Casnewydd)
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract SC Cyber Security jobs in Newport (Casnewydd)
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract SC Defence jobs in Newport (Casnewydd)
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract SC Information Technology jobs in Newport (Casnewydd)
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract SC Security jobs in Newport (Casnewydd)