Trials and Integration Engineers
Trials and Integration Engineers :
Due to a substantial increase in workload a World class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit a Trials and Integration Engineer.
***** Candidates MUST come from a background of in working in the Defence or Aerospace industry from a Trials and Integration/related Systems Engineering background *****
Engineer required within the system integration & proving team, working on all aspects of integration, as required. This includes assessment of detailed message exchange between interfaces, assessment of system threads through the system, regression testing and investigation of problem and query reports.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after).
Competitive hourly rates are being offered by the department.
Trials and Integration Engineers Job Specification:
The role requires a very strong and up-to-date knowledge and technical experience associated with the integration, testing, maintenance and defect analysis of electrical / electronic equipment and systems.
For some roles practical experience in the use of general laboratory test and analysis equipment is highly desirable.
Experience of some of the following would be great……............
• A detailed understanding of system functionality
• Generation, conduct and reporting of trial requirements to demonstrate functionality
• Analysis of data to determine compliance and identify anomalies with the functionality. In addition, support to the generation of customer deliverable system integration report will be required.
• Support may be required to conduct trials at off site facilities.
• Experience of integrating complex electronic systems.
• Experience of working within a trials environment
• Experience of writing trials documentation.
• Strong experience of working with an Electronics Integration environment
• Ability to understand technical interface documentation
• Analytical approach to data analysis.
• Trials Planning: Designing and planning trials including Air Carry Trials and Live Firing Trials to ensure that the required data is obtained from the trial.
• Trials Conduct: the conduct of trials activities such as Environmental trials, EMC/EMP trials, HWIL, Safety trials on live ordnance, Flight Trials and Live Firing Trials in both UK and overseas locations.
• Trials data gathering, analysis and reporting.
• Platform Integration: Integration of products onto the candidate platform including aircraft, ships and land vehicles.
• The design of specialist instrumentation, special to type Test Equipment, facility modification and facilities.
• The conduct of lab based compatibility activities.
• Missile preparation and test. Including live build activities.
• Design Certification. Production of Design Verification Plans and Certificates of Design.
• Lead engineering activities in the field for various products for customers to demonstrate system operability.
• Leading demonstrations and customer acceptance trials on complex weapon systems.
• Prepare trials and integration documentation at all stages of a project life cycle.
• Define testing approaches and specify tests in assigned/specialist area(s).
• Plan, control and deliver assigned projects or work packages, and make an input as required to cross-functional projects/investigations.
• Data Links
• HF, VHF, UHF voice and data RF communications
• Antenna control systems
• Platform internal communications equipment
• System/image servers
• Cryptographic equipment
• IT hardware/software, power supply systems
• Fibre Optic cables & interfaces