Infrastructure Project Manager
Due to continuous growth within a Public sector account of a leading IT outsourcing company, there is a requirement for a Technical Infrastructure Project manager to join and lead the development of multiple IT projects.
Based in London, this role will report directly to the Head of Platform Development and will oversee one or more critical platform projects that will act as an enabler to a future mode of operations for a major public sector client.
Responsibilities will include resource allocation and all phases of the project life cycle (i.e. feasibility, requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation planning, and execution).
Responsible for the allocated project budget. Regularly interacts with and reports to management. Coordinates and directs the activities of project team members. Ensures all project requirements and/or objectives are documented.
- 5 years' experience in a large enterprise, matrix IT environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects with up to 10 team members per project
- B2B or B2G experience preferred although B2C experience within a supplier environment, delivering to a high profile client will be considered.
- In-depth experience with end user IT environments and backend IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, data centers, networking) topics.
- Exposure to cloud computing technologies and Operating systems e.g. Oracle, VMware ESX(i) and the ability to appreciate the impact of these in plain English
- Proven ability to plan, direct and co-ordinate complex strategic technical projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements.
- Ability to collect and implement user requirements in terms of the end user IT environment and IT infrastructure. Must have an excellent understanding of project management processes and procedures; as well as experience with project management.
- Strong analytical and change management skills
- Strong supplier/ vendor management skills
- Excellent communication skills to work across teams and competencies
- Strong stakeholder management and reporting skills
- Experience with new workplace and move projects will be an advantage
- Experience of supporting end user adoption of new technologies
- Strong experience with MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint
- Recognised Project management qualification (Prince2, AgilePM)
- Security Clearance, CTC (Met Police NPVV2)