1 day left
- Job Type
Sapienza is recruiting a Principal Assistant to work at NATO in Brussels, Belgium.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRINCIPAL ASSISTANT
Under the direction of the Legal Advisor, but largely on own initiative, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Office Administration:
- Be main responsible and manage the administration of the Legal Office. Prepare/compose memoranda and cover letters, documents, statistical information related to the Organizational Element’s resources and presentations, using word processing, spread sheets, databases, and graphics applications as appropriate;
- Arrange meetings and handle related details such as travel arrangements and mission coordination; Handle administrative preparation (including retrieval and distribution of NATO and non-NATO documents) of meetings and conferences. Organise own workload to ensure the timely and accurate execution of duties.
- Information Management:
- Provide personal and administrative support to the Legal Adviser, including personal scheduling. Answer enquiries and incoming calls. Take minutes at meetings as necessary. Attend weekly Legal meetings, giving own inputs on administrative matters, and preparing and distributing notes of proceedings/actions required;
- Provide administrative support to other staff in the Legal Office, including coordination of calendars, monitoring proceedings/actions required;
- Oversee the correspondence/information flow into and out of the office including retrieving and organising correspondence /documents (including classified information). Ensure that correspondence and documents are prepared in accordance with the Agency’s official document formatting guidelines;
- With minor supervision, be responsible for the Portal of the legal office and ensure that the database of the legal office is up-to-date and linked to the Portal.
- Knowledge Management:
- Conduct basic legal activities. Ensure coherency in legal templates and monitor the timely coordination of agreements, memoranda, etc. Draft and compare legal texts for final review of legal staff.
- Collect, research, categorise and track relevant information required for various tasks and projects. Ensure the timely availability of documentation required by legal staff.
- Maintain and, as necessary, improve well-structured paper and electronic filing systems of the legal office. Prepare and, as appropriate, update reference files on matters referred to the Legal Adviser.
- Financial Management:
- Under overall guidance of Legal Advisor, draft and manage the Legal Office budget, and liaise, as necessary, with the Administrative Officer in the Directorate to ensure a smooth coordination.
- Other Duties:
- Provide constructive suggestions to improve office procedures. Recommend ways to provide a faster, better and more effective support to internal and external customers in managing information, providing feedbacks and using office tools;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
PROFILE OF THE PRINCIPAL ASSISTANT
- Diploma of secondary education
- At least 8 years’ experience in progressively responsible administrative jobs or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Have significant experience in documentary analysis, although similar analytical experience in an academic or comparable environment will be considered
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and databases
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with a proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative and a flexible approach allowing the incumbent to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU and be in possession of a NATO Secret Security Clearance
Desirable experience / education:
- Elementary knowledge of legal aspects, either through working experience in legal offices or through education
- A good knowledge of NATO organization and procedures, the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations and other relevant financial and administrative directives
- Experience of working in an international organisation;
- Some knowledge of French
Apply for Principal Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly