Professional Standards Unit Case Worker
Standards Unit Case Worker
Full Time 37 hours – Fixed Term until 31st March 2018
Band D: £22,671 to £25,656 per annum
Closing Date: 13th April 2017 at 5pm
The successful applicant will support the national co-ordinator in leading the response to non-recent child abuse investigations involving persons of public prominence or abuse within an institutional setting across all police forces and devolved authorities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the collection, evaluation, assessment and development of referrals to ‘Appropriate Authority’s’ from other Agencies including cases of alleged criminal or misconduct (including corrupt) behaviour by Police Officers and/or Staff.
It is essential that applicants meet the following criteria:
1. Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System and Police Reform Act in relation to Officer/Staff complaints and conduct
2. Experience and knowledge of Police Conduct Regulations and Home Office Guidance
3. Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including production of reports
4. Demonstrable experience of building strong relationships and liaising with external Agencies and Forces
5. Demonstrable experience in Microsoft applications
6. Ability to problem solve and evaluate risks
It is desirable that applicants meet the following criteria:
1. Experience of working on sensitive enquiries/investigations
2. Full UK driving licence
Hours of work are 37 hours a week – Monday to Friday This post is offered on a temporary basis ( fixed term until 31st March 2018).
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Intelligence jobs in Sheffield
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Policing jobs in Sheffield
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Public Sector jobs in Sheffield
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Security jobs in Sheffield
- £30,000 - £39,999 Contract None / Undisclosed Investigation jobs in Sheffield