For the NCI Agency in Mons, Sapienza is currently looking for an administrate assistant.
- Making arrangements for travel/in-Theatre assignments, including associated NATO Travel Authorization, reserving accommodation, submitting security clearances/visit requests, and preparing purchase orders for conference/exhibition fees
- Assisting in organizing meetings, workshops and conferences in accordance with Agency procedures. Be responsible for the administrative organizational aspects including requesting conference facilities/hotel accommodation, processing approvals/memos/invitations, requesting linguistic services, quotes from caterers and support to participants
- Drafting straightforward memoranda, notes and cover letters to documents.
- Preparing of correspondence, reports and documents often of a complex technical nature to include tabulation and formulae, using word processing, spreadsheet and graphics applications, in accordance with the Agency's official document formatting guidelines.
- Preparing submissions to external conferences and journals. This will include the correction of language usage where necessary, copying and distributing as appropriate
- Filing of correspondence and documents in accordance with the Agency's procedures and providing assistance in obtaining requested documents
- Prioritising work from several staff at the same time and processing it accurately and speedily
- Acting as a point of contact for supported team members and deal diplomatically and effectively with a wide variety of issues, including answering enquiries and incoming telephone calls, and assisting in the scheduling of the day to day business within the CATs.
- Maintaining electronic database/diaries for supported staff check correspondence between calendars/attendance lists, leave cards and travel duty
- Determining, controlling and maintaining the information flow, including e-mail and fax traffic within the supported team
- Developing and maintaining entries to the relevant information systems, including SharePoint sites, financial, operational and managerial data
- Producing Power Point presentations as required
- Assist supported staff in following the Agency's procedures and guidelines and give appropriate advice
- At least 3 years of recent relevant professional experience
- Secondary education and professional training in administrative techniques or in secretarial related activities
- Sound knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft office automation packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access or other database application), in the use of computer-based tools for project control and experience in maintaining an established web page
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another NATO Member State language is an asset
- Ability to take initiative and a flexible approach allowing the incumbent to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to be responsive and sensitive to both external and internal customers and staff
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU
- Holder of NATO Secret Security Clearance