Senior Automation Tester - Oxford
Software Quality Assurance Specialist - Oxfordshire
One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Specialist to join its growing team, and take over responsibility for the execution and overall management of its Quality Assurance function.
You will be reporting to the Technical Director and working closely with our small Development Team and Product Manager, the successful candidate will have a proven track record of implementing an end-to-end product lifecycle testing strategy encompassing hands on and automated testing as well as coordinating with the Product Manager, Technical Author/QA Specialist and Help Desk team for additional test capacity and user acceptance testing.
Some of the specific skills we are seeking in the successful candidate include:
- Maintain, execute and add to the automated "confidence tests" to ensure integrity of the product against daily builds of latest code. Experience of UFT (Unified Functional Testing) from HP is desirable but not essential - but experience with writing automated testing scripts is an essential requirement.
- Configuration-manage confidence tests for execution on patches to product systems
- Ensure Automated test scripts and repository data are backed up and recoverable
- Interactively test new product functionality and report bugs in the fault tracking application (JIRA) and re-test as needed.
- Produce manual test cases for new functionality prior to automating as required
- Document addition of new scripts to automated tests
- Record test progress in Automated Test Log, summarise script changes in comments
- Use and keep up to date all documented test processes such that there is a fully documented test strategy
- Attend and contribute to development and product lifecycle planning meetings
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- The successful candidate may also be required to undergo SC clearance
Personal characteristics of the successful candidate will include:
- A proactive approach to ensuring tasks assigned are completed to a high standard
- High levels of professionalism and the willingness to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for supporting others to maximise their own effectiveness and ability to improve their own processes and organisational success
- A desire to learn and grow both in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of our associated Consultancy and Services offerings
- Close collaboration across our business in order to build and maintain bridges between our sales, development and services operations.
- A passion for following emerging technologies and approaches, especially in specific areas of expertise
Overall, we are seeking a candidate who is highly experienced in software testing and working directly alongside and engaging with the development team in a very hands-on role.
The position is based in Didcot, Oxfordshire. The successful candidate will be required to go through SC Clearance once started. For further information about this role please contact Mark Maxwell 0161 924 3659.