Application Support Engineer DV Cleared
This role is to provide predominately support services for a system responsible for delivering messaging to recipients in a timely manner and in a format that can be handled by intermediary or end point IT systems. Those IT systems may be database or file systems.
You will need to troubleshoot and diagnose issues relating to the system. You will also be required to carry out modifications to the system as part of continuous service improvement. There is also a requirement in the future to provide an on call service on a rota basis, which may require a site visit, during out of office hours (including weekends)
To provide 2nd and 3rd line support to the messaging system based C# language and .NET framework. In addition you may provide support to other Enterprise and Small Systems.
- .NET development (3.5,4.0,4.5) preferably using the C# language and Visual Studio 2010,2012.
- Experience using technology such as Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), TDD using NUnit, Microsoft Office development (VBA/VSTO)
- SQL Server (2008,2012) Development. Stored Procedures and T-SQL.
- XML development using XSLT, XPATH etc.
- Comfortable in a Windows Server 2008,2012 environment. Able to perform basic administrative tasks.
- Basic PowerShell scripting would be a nice to have but not essential.
- Experience in messaging systems (Email) would be a nice to have but not essential.
Other experience and qualifications
- To work in a team responsible for supporting applications requiring a variety of technical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to learn new skills and work using their own initiative, and prioritise requirements in line with the departmental objectives.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all users and teams across our business as part of support process.