Lead Business & Technical Analyst
Lead Business & Technical Analyst | Business Analyst | Agile | SDLC | ISEB | Lead
Up to £57,000Role
We're looking for a dynamic, experienced Lead Business and Technical Analyst who wants to play a key role in ensuring the success of projects and initiatives with clear sight of strategic and operational outcomes. Key aspects of the role include:
- take full responsibility for business analysis on complex or medium and large projects and establish the contribution that technology and other business solutions can make to business objectives
- define strategies, validate and justify business needs, conduct feasibility studies, producing high level and detail business (including data) models, prepare business cases, overseeing development and implementation of solutions
- mentor and support the development of the business and technical analysts
- engage users and stakeholders in understanding and accepting change initiatives and projects in support of business readiness and adoption of change
Pensions are making headlines. People are living longer, and need to save more for later life.
The Government has introduced a number of major reforms to the pensions system. At The Pensions Regulator (TPR), the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes, you can contribute to making these changes a success.
We strive to be a strong, agile, fair and efficient regulator and a well-informed and pragmatic thought leader. Through this we seek to gain the respect of employers, trustees, our partners and other stakeholders.
Together with our partners, we will create better outcomes in later life for workplace savers, drive up standards of trusteeship and improve savers' understanding of their situation.
We will make the regulator a great place to work and do all we can to support our people to reach their full potential by providing an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment.ResponsibilitiesBusiness engagement
- Act as a cohesive bridge between the business and TaCS services.
- Identify, establish and maintain working relationships with stakeholders.
- Negotiate and prepare stakeholders on the analysis approach, proactively resolve issues and confirm expectations to ensure analysis progresses in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Lead on business engagement and change management activity on projects.
- Lead the 'analysis' aspects in projects. Produce, monitor and agree with stakeholders high level work packages, estimates and analysis plans that meet the needs and scope of requirements.
- Capture and model business and data requirements, definitions, business rules, and logical and physical data models.
- Ensure that the models are effectively applied in development projects and business processes
- Define, diagnose and explore business problems using analytical and consulting tools to interpret and understand business problems against TPR's mission and vision to make practical recommendations.
- Support business in creation of charters and change requests including estimation ready to allow scheduling and prioritisation to take place.
- Support sponsors during feasibility study. Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks
- Translate business needs into solution definition or functional specification to enable system developers to build to these requirements. Track and manage: Terms of Reference (ToR), Customer Product Process Organisation, Location, Data, Applications, Technology (CPPOLDAT), Risk, Assumptions, Issue, Dependency (RAID).
- Manage ongoing business scope / requirements and ensure traceability through testing.
- Co-ordinate enhancements / changes to existing systems / processes, including analysis, design, documentation, testing, end-user training and implementation.
- Proactively contribute to scoping of sprints, FAQs, Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
- Ensure business analysis (BA) methodology, project governance, controls and solution development lifecycle controls are adhered to.
- To mentor, develop the Business and Technical Analysts.
- Support management in developing and implementing the strategy and operational plan for the team.
- Full Software development life cycle experience and production of BA deliverables.
- Proven track record of success within a similar level senior Business Analyst role.
- Strong practical background in delivering change
- Evidence of complex analysis and understanding of .business requirements in order to establish suitable technical solutions for business areas.
- Knowledge of the pensions environment strategic trends and issues and an understanding of and confidence in pensions.
- BA experience on complex project to value of up to and in excess of £3 million.
- BCS Advance Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent
- Working knowledge of tools and techniques such as: UML, BP.MN, JIRA, Kanban, Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Working knowledge of Agile, Lean, Six Sigma.
- ITIL, ITSM, TOGAF, Data Security.
- Market awareness of technology sectors such as: Big Data, enterprise CRM, Digital, Mobility, customer centric service models, UCaaS, Cloud services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), LMS, Document Management.