Senior Linux System Administrator
Senior Linux System Administrator - Permanent - Telford
Senior Linux System Administrator is required for our client a global re-insurers and a leading provider of 'closed life' services on a permanent basis in Telford.
The role will cover supporting the clients Linux and Unix platforms providing stability, performance and a scalable architecture. The focus for the role will be a lead SME for the team and ensure BAU, engineering functions and project delivery are conducted in line with the department strategy
Skills required of the Linux System Administrator:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL7)
- Shell scripting
- Linux Automation
- Unix (HP-UX preferable)
- Oracle Infrastructure
- Pior experience working within a Linux/Unix Systems Administrator position
Key responsibilities of Senior Linux System Administrator:
Ensure all Linux platforms are supported to a high standard and incidents, requests and problems are resolved within a timely manner, within agreed SLA's.
Provide best practice support and maintenance for Linux based platforms and supporting infrastructure including the delivery the following:
- Escalated on-call 24*7*365 support
- Operational, initiative and project based activities
- Capacity and availability management
- System level performance management
- Obsolescence management
- Patch, vulnerability and anti-virus management
- Support technical design and implementation activities
- Backup & Disaster recovery management/capability
- Operating system hardening
The ideal candidate must be available for on-call work 1 week in every 4 weeks.
For more information and a full job spec, please apply now.