Technical Business Analyst - Horizon Scanning
As a Technical Business Analyst you will make a significant contribution towards safeguarding the UK's national security and to people's lives, every day. Being part of a pioneering function you will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business critical initiatives within a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in leading edge and innovative programmes where technology plays a crucial and increasingly strategic role. You will be part of large scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will:
- Gain a common understanding of the business needs through relevant stakeholder engagement;
- Carry out detailed technology surveys and investigations understanding the capabilities and limitations of the technology as well as the commercial drivers behind them.
- Translate the capabilities of technologies into a form that customers are able to understand and make informed judgements upon.
- Highlight the risks and opportunities posed by a range of technologies to a customer’s business.
- Provide evidenced recommendations to the customer based on knowledge of their ways of working and capabilities
- Engage stakeholders to model the business benefits and risks associated with solution options.
- Draw on technical expertise from both internally and externally to the organisation acting as the conduit for the information flow to the customer.
In addition, you will also:
- Engage relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks;
- Gain traction towards technology solutions through an informative and evangelical approach
- Understand the programmatic implications of the uptake of specific technologies
- Maintain and enhance own knowledge of the business operations and those of key partners, in conjunction with an understanding of developments in technology
- Shaping solutions that deliver business value and articulating the case for change; and assist with the development of solutions where appropriate and necessary.
To qualify for the role, you must have the following technical and general competencies:
- Requirements analysis and requirements definition;
- Understanding of the drivers for technology procurement;
- Relevant experience of horizon scanning and;
- Development of technology strategies and roadmap
- Experience of data and information analysis; and
- Experience of requirement gathering, requirement definition and management.
- Able to conduct benefits analysis of technology solutions
- Passionate about delivering business value through innovative application of technology;
- Ability to articulate and interpret technical language to non-technical individuals
- A demonstrable desire to seek out and understand new technology;
- Ability and experience of leading and managing people;
- Ability to build strategic relationships internally;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to tackle problems and define solutions from a commercial perspective;
- Great attention to detail;
- Ability to make clear plans, evaluate progress and articulate appropriately to the team and stakeholders;
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulate ideas;
- Strong team player;
- Evidence of adding value to customers;
- Ability to assimilate and retain knowledge quickly;
- Flexible in approach and attitude
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should be a British Citizen; and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Central Government jobs in London (Central)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Consultancy jobs in London (Central)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in London (Central)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Policing jobs in London (Central)
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Public Sector jobs in London (Central)