Cyber Security Architect
Roke are recruiting for a number of Cyber Security Architects who are driven by solving varied and challenging client problems. The successful candidates will be working alongside customers to help them engineer bespoke cyber security solutions within complex environments with the aim of protecting information and systems from the cyber threat. Activities will be varied as you work across a range of projects, ensuring that your work is always diverse and interesting.
Roke is a highly respected world class organisation with strong existing clients in the UK public sector and is now seeking to diversify further into the private sector. We are looking for a mixture of experienced, developing and junior Architects/System Designers with an Information Security and technology background to assist our clients by performing the following tasks:
- Designing Secure Systems; either a software/hardware component or system of components which are resilient to the Cyber Threat
- Architecture modelling and oversight of technical design studies
- Generation of technical material for competitive bids, however this is not a pre-sales role
- Engagement with technical and non-technical stakeholders on a daily basis.
Knowledge / Experience
- CESG Certified Professional (CCP) qualification(s) required, ideally IA Architect or SIRA
- Essential background in an IT engineering discipline, ideally one of the following:◦Network equipment
- Software development
- Hardware development
- Highly desirable background in a form of Cryptography and/or key management
- Detailed understanding of various types of Cyber Threats, Vulnerabilities and Risks
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to understand, adapt and architect complex systems
- Enterprise-level Architecture Modelling
- Application of Architectural Frameworks and Systems Engineering processes (e.g. TOGAF/MODAF/EASE)
- Background in UK Defence Information Assurance (IA) systems and processes
- Defence, National Security or Communications Domain Knowledge
- Strong Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to executives.
This is a customer facing role therefore we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. This role is based from Romsey however regular travel to client locations should be expected (specifically South England and London)
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates will ideally hold security clearance and be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG DV clearance. As a result, candidates will need to be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity
More searches like this
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Romsey
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Romsey
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Romsey
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Romsey
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Romsey