Commercial Consulting Lead
Roke have a new and exciting opportunity to join the consultancy arm of the business as the Commercial Consulting Lead, this role will report directly to the Head of Consulting and will work as part of the Consulting Leadership Team. The Commercial Consulting Lead will work to deliver the objectives of the consulting business within the business unit. Aligning with Key Account and Project Managers to drive consulting sales & delivery forward within the BU and working with the Consulting Practice Area Lead (PAL) and Business Area Lead (BAL) to develop consulting core capability and value propositions.
- Consulting sales within the business unit.
- Work with Key Account Managers (KAMs) to identify sales opportunities and manage the consulting pipeline & forecast
- Develop & report on consulting sales pipeline in the business unit, including making sure the project forecasting system is accurate
- Provide consulting input to bids within the Business Unit (BU)
- Work with KAM's to develop & maintain up to date consulting sales plan, including. stakeholder engagement plans
- Identify and develop consulting value propositions within market area by working closely with the BAL.
- Work with Project Managers & Consulting Business Area Lead to ensure all consulting projects are thoroughly documented as case studies
- Ensure Roke is on appropriate commercial frameworks
Consulting Delivery within BU (Delivery)
- Agree consulting scope, approach and resource requirements for bids
- Work with Resource Management Team to ensure suitable resources are available and deployed on to projects
- Oversee and assure all business unit consulting project delivery, in line with Head of Delivery’s framework
- Lead consulting delivery, as appropriate
- Leadership for Consulting Staff (People Development)
- Top reporting line (point of escalation) for consulting staff within the business unit
- Ensure appropriate project objectives are in place for all consulting staff
- Represent consulting staff through the PDR (performance development review) process, including drafting PDR responses on behalf and as directed by the Business Unit Lead.
- Work with KAM’s, identify the requirement for recruitment and upskilling of consulting staff within the BU.
- Working with Consulting PAL, contribute to, and ensure staff within the BU are contributing to the development of new consulting approaches, methods & tools
- Working with Consulting BAL, contribute to the identification of new value propositions and development / exploitation of existing ones for the benefit of customers within the BU
- Support the monthly consulting forums by preparing content, delivering core skills training, facilitating & encouraging participation from the consulting community.
- DV clearance is preferable, but not essential.
Candidates will need to have previous proven experience in a similar role, relevant domain knowledge and excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen however you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
More jobs like this
- £90,000 - £99,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Central Government jobs in Romsey
- £90,000 - £99,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Consultancy jobs in Romsey
- £90,000 - £99,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Cyber Security jobs in Romsey
- £90,000 - £99,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Romsey
- £90,000 - £99,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Romsey