Project Manager - National Security
Roke are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to work at our Romsey office on projects typically ranging from £50K to £5M. This role may encompass the management of multiple small projects or larger individual projects. The Project Manager will also manage bids for new work.
There is a wide range of project work within the business ranging from Research & Development, Product Development, Solution Delivery, Hardware & Software Products and Solutions for various markets in the UK and internationally.
- Delivery of all projects as per contractual requirements, on time, to quality and cost whilst delighting the customer.
- Delivery of all projects using the industry standard process.
- Create effective project teams, working with the technical team leads, if appropriate to deliver successful projects.
- Work with technical teams to obtain information to produce a project plan in Oracle PRA and maintain this plan through the life of the project
- Ensure requirements are being managed, recorded and signed off in the designated tool for the project.
- Ensure complete work breakdown structures are produced and uses for recording costs.
- Maintain a risk register of threats and opportunities for the programme and validate contingency costs against these.
- Document and manage assumptions and dependencies for the programme.
- Work with the Services Support Manager for any managed service facility for the projects
- Produce reporting as required for:
- The project sponsor
- The leadership team
- Project assurance
- Project management reviews
- Quarterly investment reviews
- Manage the financial forecast for the projects using the company tools and processes and report to the Project Sponsor / Business Unit Lead / Business Area Lead.
- Review the finances on a monthly basis with the Financial Director and meet the project forecasting system update timescales.
- Manage the resource requirements of the project(s) working with the resourcing function.
- Manage project expectations and provide excellent stakeholder management
- Act as a mentor for engineering team leads managing small projects within the business area.
- Extensive project management experience demonstrating the above responsibilities and tasks in a comparable business is essential.
- Extensive development experience in, cyber security, delivery of software related projects / programmes
- Proven substantial experience in the National Security domain and working with government departments.
- Experience of working in the development of solutions for cyber security, business intelligence, communications or information security (delivering consultancy into these environments is preferred but not essential).
- Degree level education in a related subject area.
- APMP qualification or higher.
- Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies preferred.
- DV clearance is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to board level.
- The ability to travel nationally (and internationally).
Due to the nature of this position, candidates will need to hold HMG DV clearance. As a result, candidates will need to be a British Citizen have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Roke Manor Research Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
More jobs like this
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Central Government jobs in Romsey
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Consultancy jobs in Romsey
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Cyber Security jobs in Romsey
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Defence jobs in Romsey
- £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent None / Undisclosed Engineering jobs in Romsey