Principal Infrastructure Engineer - Windows/Unix
Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - Surrey - £55,000 - £61,500 per annum
Are you an IT professional looking to work in a new and challenging environment? Our Client currently has a vacancy for an IT Infrastructure Engineer at their site in Surrey.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, the successful candidate will be breaking down requirements, designing and documenting solutions then developing and conducting design proving activities.
- Preparing and presenting design review material at product phase reviews to allow progression through the engineering lifecycle
- Technical input to the project management team to produce robust cost estimates, technical risk assessment and reduction
- Developing and testing components of the CI Product suite ensuring that both functional and non-functional requirements have been met prior to submission into formal test
- Investigating and addressing technical issues by modifying existing designs or correcting design defects
- Ensuring that all change records are maintained to accurately track the product's design baseline
- Detailed knowledge of the internals of Windows and Unix-based operating systems
- High-level experience of high-performance processing design, high-resilience networks, modern processing systems and virtualization (including VMware or other virtualised products)
- You will have demonstrable experience in the specification, design and development of complex systems utilising COTS information technology
- Software development utilising programming and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bourne/Bash shell
- Ability and experience in interacting with and successfully influencing key stakeholders at all levels.
- Systems Engineering Lifecycle management knowledge/awareness
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.