Systems Integration Engineer
Job Role: Systems Integration Engineer
Location: West London
Duration: 6 Months
Salary/Rate: Excellent Rates!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Systems Integration Engineer - Contract - West London - Excellent Rates!
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer who will perform activities in the component integration, system testing and customer acceptance phases of the system development lifecycle. An understanding of the impact of Information Security on solutions across different classifications would be useful.
The successful candidate will support the integration and test of the new Defence Intelligence systems including COTS components, bespoke application code, supporting infrastructure and network components. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the verification of an allocated component area, designing and then executing the integration plan and any related systems tests. The Systems Integration & Test Engineer will be familiar with building COTS infrastructure, networks and applications.
The role is within the site based Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Team. There will be significant customer and subcontractor exposure, through formal project meetings and work groups; candidates must be comfortable with collaborative working to develop an overall integration and test strategy.
- Implementing the detailed design by building Windows and Linux servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications
- Researching and resolving system integration issues and other system defects
- Build of COTS hardware infrastructure including servers, switches, storage, and workstations
- Preparing low level design documentation for:
- Infrastructure components, i.e. servers, workstations, storage and networks
- Integration of COTS and any bespoke software applications
- Implementation of security requirements through Active Directory policies, configuration of security software (e.g. Lumension / Logrhythm / Becrypt) and writing System Operating Procedures
- Locking down the system and applying generated Microsoft Group Policy Objects;
- Preparing and executing test and acceptance plans
- Writing discrepancy reports and performing integration regression testing to verify/validate; incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems
- Good experience of hardware, software and systems integration engineering principles
- Proven track record in the integration and testing of IT HW & SW within complex network solutions
- Experience in the installation and configuration of Windows Server 2008/2012 and Windows 7 workstations
- An understanding of security lockdown and audit methods including the application of Group policies under Windows Active Directory
- Experience in the configuration and integration of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software to meet defined system requirements
- Experience in the virtualisation of software using VMware
- Experience in the implementation of Cisco Switches and routers
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion
- Willingness to travel to other sites in the UK
- Holder of current MoD DV security clearance
- Experience in COTS GIS applications and familiarity with GIS systems
- Experience in the installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux
- Experience in the delivery of C4ISR solutions
- Electrical and Mechanical engineering knowledge/background
- Good experience of deployed/containerised solutions
- Knowledge of JSP440 (Security) and JSP604/480 (MoD build standards)
- Experience gained within a Government or military project background is an advantage
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Apply for Systems Integration Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly