Delivery Lead - London
About the Role
The Delivery Lead will report to DCC's Delivery Director in the Delivery function and provide expertise and leadership into the DCC's Switching Programme and in support of the end-to-end arrangements being led by Ofgem.
During the high level design phase and procurement of the central registration service the Delivery Lead will lead the development of DCC's delivery strategy and requirements, engage with industry and potential suppliers, represent DCC on key stakeholder and governance groups and forums, and will influence the end-to-end switching service design from a delivery perspective.
Once a service provider(s) has been appointed the Delivery Lead will provide expertise and leadership to the design, build, test and transition to live of the new central registration service.
About Capita/ DCC
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
The Data and Communications Company (DCC) have a partnership with Capita and is responsible for establishing and managing the infrastructure necessary to support the main roll out of millions of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small non-domestic properties across Great Britain.
DCC is a key delivery partner in an energy industry-wide transformation programme to centralise Energy Registration Systems and facilitate the introduction of reliable next-day switching arrangements for consumers.
What you will do:
- Act as DCC's subject matter expert to support Ofgem in developing appropriate end-to-end delivery strategies and plans for the new switching arrangements
- Lead the development of detailed approaches and management plans for design and build, testing, systems Integration and post-implementation activity
- Lead the development and capture of delivery requirements for the central registration service, including the many interfaces to the end-to-end solution
- Provide delivery expertise and leadership into any design proving projects and maximise the value of these projects in terms of developing and validating delivery strategies and plans
- Drive alignment of delivery strategies and management plans with regulatory code development
- Participate in market engagement and procurement of the new central registration service as well as procurement of a System Integrator for the end-to-end solution
- Represent the DCC at stakeholder and governance groups and forums
- Build relationships with industry peers to better understand the complexities of their operations to feed into delivery activities
- Mobilise and develop the DCC Switching Delivery team so that it is ready for implementation of the centralised registration service
- Undertake further delivery activities as required by the Switching Programme
Your Experience will include:
- Knowledge and experience of the implementation (physical design, build, integration, test, deployment/release and early life support) of complex, information-system enabled business change programmes
- Familiarity with, and experience of, relevant best practice delivery approaches and standards applicable to Software and Systems Engineering and IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL, SIAM, System Integration, ISOs: 15288; 12207; 20000; 29119, IEEE: 730; 829; 1012)
- Experience of team leadership and management within the context of a complex programme with multiple stakeholders and service providers
- Creative problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with, and experience of, Agile principles and approaches and how these could be applied to improve delivery of a programme of this nature
- Knowledge of the energy industry; in particular the retail market aspects
- Familiarity with Ofgem and some of the Industries relevant to this area
- Good knowledge of Smart Energy Code and DCC Licence Conditions
- Knowledge of Smart Metering Implementation Programme and DCC's role
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give holidays, a company pension scheme, medical and life assurance and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.