Maritime Electronic Warfare SME - Recent Experience
This is a great opportunity for someone from HM Forces, particularly the Navy, with strong experience of Electronic Warfare.
Our client is looking for an Electronic Warfare SME who will use their operational experience to identify and develop requirements for military solutions, inform and advise on the development of solutions and their applicability to military operations.
Electronic Warfare SME - Contract - Hampshire - DOE
The successful candidate may work alone or with MoD civilians and military personnel. They will perform a variety of activities in one or more of the following and/or related areas:
- Interfaces with other offices and agencies to ensure timely and effective completion of tasks
- Identifies requirements and tasks them to the appropriate collection elements
- Verifies that responses meet requirementsDevelopment of operational scenarios and vignettes for Maritime EW operations
- Identification of key operational and system requirements for EW solutions, including key performance drivers
- Provide advice and consultancy to technical team on the development of solutions to meet operational requirements
- Present operational scenarios and requirements at key technical reviews
Additional/Occasional Duties and Tasks:
- Provide support to adjacent programmes as required
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally require a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and capability typically achieved through professional experience
- Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education. Considered an emerging authority
- The successful candidate must have recent and sustained operational experience in the Maritime EW domain
- The successful candidate must have experience in Post Operational Analysis and interaction with Mission Data Libraries
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good communication skills, able to work effectively in small development teams
- Able to maintain a balance between attention to detail and gaining an overall understanding of assigned requirements, functions and design within the wider programme
- Must have a strong grasp of military tactics and doctrine, with ability to clearly articulate operational requirements
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including operational analysis
- Some technical training preferred, with an understanding of systems engineering principles and practices and ability to discern the key drivers for a technical solution
- UK Secret security clearance
- An understanding of the US Export Controls under the US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
Job Role: Electronic Warfare Subject Matter Expert
Clearance: SC Clearance
Apply for Maritime Electronic Warfare SME - Recent Experience
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly