Buyer - Cyber, IT & Training
Buyer - Cyber, IT & Training
We are accepting applications for a new and unique opportunity to work as a Buyer to be positioned within a Cyber, IT & Training procurement team for one of the world's leading defence, aerospace, technology and security companies, based in Farnborough.
The role will be supporting, developing & executing Procurement associated requirements of a core Managed Service on behalf of a prestigious Government client in the delivery of Cyber Security solutions. The role requires fast, effective delivery of supplier based solutions; it is envisaged that these will largely be delivered using Agile Sprint methods.
The primary requirement of the role provides Procurement & Supply Chain leadership around the successful development and delivery of a recently acquired Managed Service within the Cyber domain.
Key accountabilities include:
- Embedded within a newly formed, Agile by design, technology start-up to provide end to end Supply Chain advice, process development, sourcing, supply assurance, SRM, proposal issue / evaluation and tasks against requirements;
- Support the collaborative team to provide Agile-delivered supplier solutions to cater for a wide range of Cyber requirements that will cut across information-sensitive security domains.
Key Capabilities and Knowledge
- Relevant knowledge & experience of procuring IT (Infrastructure, Software & Services), Managed Services, Cyber Security (technologies & techniques)
- Experience of contracting & delivery of outcomes through Agile processes (Desirable)
- Able to develop, understand & challenge IT based requirements & solutions
- Confident in communicating around IT language
- Problem solving ability, detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Entrepreneurial in nature, seeks to move decisively and quickly
- Able to work within a small Technology start-up environment whilst also maintaining a link with Corporate Procurement
- Delivery and achievement focused, managing conflicting priorities whilst working at pace
- Proven contract negotiation skills in both a strategic relationship and sourcing environment
- Experienced in the delivery of Strategic Sourcing & Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement systems and infrastructure
Experience and Qualifications
- Business, IT, Finance, Supply Chain Management or Engineering; higher-level education or degree qualification preferred
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- The ability to obtain and maintain government security clearance (SC)
Supported by an established, market leading business this is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed managed service delivering leading edge solutions within Cyber Security & Counter Terrorism markets, utilising emerging technologies, software and solutions.
The organisation offers the supportive environment you would expect from a of FTSE250 employer The role is offered on a full time basis with a competitive salary in line with experience working a 37 hour working week. Benefits include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, contribution pension scheme up to and a host of other flexible benefits such as holiday purchase, PMI, dental and childcare vouchers. This is a role that offers unrivalled exposure to cutting edge services so please don't hesitate to contact the recruitment team on 01179309734 to discuss this position further.
Apply for Buyer - Cyber, IT & Training
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Cyber Security jobs in Farnborough
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Defence jobs in Farnborough
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Information Technology jobs in Farnborough
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Procurement jobs in Farnborough
- £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent SC Counter Terrorism jobs in Farnborough