Business Intelligence Engineer
Highly successful Defence Organisation based in Lincoln is looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Engineer.
Salary: £45k-£50k plus benefits.
An IMaaS (Information Management as a Service) Business Intelligence Engineer is required to support our clients in defining and executing digital business transformation projects on a diverse range of engagements - from support chain optimisation to cybersecurity governance.
Demonstrable hands-on experience in connecting process to performance through data is essential.
The successful candidate will have strong stakeholder management skills, be a team player and have excellent communications skills.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop integration strategies to manage data from multiple data sources
• Mapping data assets to strategic business value
• Build analysis cubes, performance indicators, fact tables and views
• Build ETL packages with data from varied source systems
• Support customer-facing projects in implementing and configuring the solution to meet specific customer needs;
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
• SQL (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, Teradata) query writing.
• Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
• Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
• KPIs and performance metrics
• Excel (e.g. formulas, VBA, pivots, charts, trend analysis, scenario analysis, Monte-Carlo simulation).
• Information Management and Data Governance (e.g. DMBOK)
• Stakeholder management
• Requirements analysis and design definition
• Management Information Systems solution design and implementation
• Running workshops, facilitating cross-functional collaboration and presenting problem/solution proposals Familiarity with the following
• Enterprise Architecture: (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Zachman, Avancier, PEAF)
• Business Process Management (modelling, automation)
• Agile management
• Continuous Improvement & Quality (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, ISO9001, TQM, PDCA, OODA)
Desirable Skill Requirements:
• Data and database modelling
• Database design and implementation
• Data mining and predictive analytics
• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• Net C# (including LINQ)
• SOA integration (SOAP, REST)
• Enterprise Architecture tools (e.g. Sparx, Troux, MooD, Mega, BizzDesign)
• Support/Supply Chain Management (e.g. JSP 886, SCOR, Value Chain Model)
• Product/capability acquisition/procurement lifecycle (e.g. CADMID)
• Information Security (e.g. ISO 27001)
• Modelling languages (e.g. Archimate, BPMN, DMN, IDEF0, UML, SysML)
• System development methods (e.g. Agile, Kanban, DSDM, SSADM)
• Microsoft IIS
• Microsoft SharePoint
• Law Enforcement
More searches like this
- Aerospace None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Lincoln